tripleb45

4 Fi 18" Btl Fully Loaded

Put 2 15" FL BL's...trust me you'll be fine. I had 2000 watt Brutus on em (I was dumb) and it bumped so hard, but I still like my little system I have now...2-12" SX's, I have low voltage and a low amp. I achieved 142 db's just a while back. I plan to do a little more but start off something low and learn to work your way up! My 2 cents

Good, youll love the Q's :fing34:

my buddy wasted his money on kole audio, after telling him to not get it, they fried and now we call them charcole audio.

how are you going to use these subs?

music only?

what kinda music?

I plan on using these subs and amps for music and a little competition. I do not plan on running with Kole or Charcoal Audio for that long and I look to work my way up from there but I am hearing good things about the Q series. Besides I already ordered it.

the Q is a great sub.... but the BL sounds like it would have been better for your application as far as i can tell./... but you wont open up.

the Q is a great sub.... but the BL sounds like it would have been better for your application as far as i can tell./... but you wont open up.

Aggred.

Unless you are going to be competing in sound quality don't get the Q, you sound like a BL buyer to me.

indeed a BL buyer.. but as he stated he likes the "lows" and while your right about picking that sub for the lows... i dont think you fully understand what "lows" are... and if you listen to rap.. "lows" arnt really present.

now when i say lows i mean 25 hz and lower. and rap is not that low... thats why i keep asking you questions.

If you have the Q's in the right sized enclosure, no doubt 4 18's will put up some good number's.

im just saying the BL will take more abuse... i think they will stand better not only for what he wants but also the level of know how hes working with. clipping.. heat.. bass boost!:))

why not just start off with one btl like he wanted, you can try many different variation with them, and they have much more to offer then the bl or q.

why not just start off with one btl like he wanted, you can try many different variation with them, and they have much more to offer then the bl or q.

really.... with out the power that it needs???

great first post.

im just saying the BL will take more abuse... i think they will stand better not only for what he wants but also the level of know how hes working with. clipping.. heat.. bass boost!:))

True ;) Only reason i say that is because he already ordered one.

I had to take all of what you guys told me and I thought about what I could afford and I thought about the Q. I saw a guy on youtube that has a Q looking like it can hit. I do look to upgrade later but I am simply following advice. If I do not like the Q I will not get another one. I am also trying to at least crawl before I walk. Besides in the fall I have a pretty big refund check coming from school. I wish you all had videos of your setups. I am opening up but to do it again I will start off saying that I look to shake windows and not my own, shake the ground around me, set off alams, win competitions, taking peoples breath away, doing hair tricks, being heard from blocks away, giving my truck a massage, and making myself proud. I really appreciate the advice from all of the people who replied. I will be looking for a sundown amp or more at 3500 watts or more in the fall maybe more if I decide to move up to BL's or BTL's because I would have already made changes to my electrical system without breaking the bank. Also watch out I am liking this idea of the 22" subwoofer, but honestly I have my doubts about a 22" subwoofer hitting the midbass notes. Something to know about me is I like to do it BIG.

and your 18 will be set up for midbass?

it has to do with the tuning.... not the woofer size.

good to hear.. sundown is a great choice... i have alot of vids in my topic .. check the sig link

You shouldn't have bought anything until the research was done.

again I didn't just rush into it. You guys help me save money and think clearer. I chose the Q because I wanted !8" subwoofers and they were not as expensive and allows me to do some experiencing without going crazy. I did a lot of research and decided to go with the Q's this is my starting ground thanks guys. I dont want my 18" to be mid bass but I want it to hit every note with QUALITY.

x2. I bet you're not going to be happy with the 18" Q or push it past its limits trying to get what you want.

Hey but on the bright side if I don't like it it is only one so I will move on as opposed to buying the btl and spending money like crazy. Good looking out if I don't like it I will move up to the BL series and upgrade later if I am still not satisfied.

4 ma audio sx with a 3000d boss amp hit pretty good but was junk. 2 kicker comps with a 1500 watt amp don't remember which one. 2 sony xplod 15" subs forgot the amp. nothing special but works in progress. Had some 12's and 10's don't remember which ones though so long ago.

in sealed boxes.???

what im telling you is NO sub should be hitting every note right.... damn sure not for what you need.. or what..

have you built boxes before?

your gonna have to pick a range of notes you would like to hear/feel.

unless you seal them and then you can get a wider range.. but that WILL NOT work with the goals you have shared with us so far.

im glad you have came to the dark side, and have but all that mainstream mess in the trash where it should be.

you will be happy with the Q if you do it right.

were only trying to put your money right where you want it.. this way your not cropping cash for the wrong stuff....... buy once buy right.

anwyay where ya from man.. and whats up on some more pics of this truck.

Hey good news guys. After all of your responses I spoke to scott and changed my order to a 18" Fi Bl now everyone is happy. Thanks for the advice now what should the setup be.