I have a Alpine CDA-9884. I got this in January, and used it until about 2 weeks ago. I got a different vehicle, and now have the hu in my 1998 dodge ram 1500. its been in for about a week. now the issue: when i have the hu on the CD player or iPod, music is only played out of the speakers in the back doors. The truck is a quad cab.

On the harness, the factory hu had a black ground, i was told to clamp that with the Alpine black. And the blue/black from the Alpine i clamped with the blue/black from the truck harness. I left the reg blue by its self since i dont have a remote wire ran for an amp right now. I hope i did that right.

My questions is basically why is it on the regular tuner (FM), music comes from the tweets and all the door speakers, but on the CD player or iPod it only plays from the back.

I put the fader to the front, thinking it was just off, but when even when i did that nothing came out of the front mids/highs. Everything worked perfectly fine in the first vehicle i had it in, so i dont understand why it doesn't now.

ANY help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

hmmm???? I duno, some decks allow you to have different settings for tuner, i pod, CD....maybe the seating position is set to the far back for those input modes?? or other settings are off for those modes? proly not but just a suggestion