I'm looking into alpine H/U's as they look and sound the best from what i heard.

i just cant decide which one will be the best/most suitable for me.

mainly my music will be through iPod so the iDA models i can have aswell..

I would just like to know what you people like the most and what your experience has been.

got my eye on x305, 9884 and a couple others.

looking to get the most for the money really, dont want to spend more than i need too.

I had the 9886 as my first HU and I LOVED it!! All the features you want and it sounds GREAT! The 9884 is nice too but I didnt like the red/blue combo. IMO it was fugly. Got mines around $200 in the net but it could be even cheaper now. I think its one of the best for the money.

I love my 9887, it might be a bit much for your budget, but if you look around you might be able to find a deal on it. It has active crossover option on it, so down the road if you ever plan on running your comps active, this would be the best bet.

ok im going to look for some deals, i can afford to buy them just i dont want to if i dont have too, has they are right at the top of the scale...

i can live with fugly if i have too ;) i prefer the all blue look tbh looks PHAT!

you can get the same features in a pioneer unit, compare the alpine 9886 to the pioneer DEH-6000 or 7000 and you save $50-$100 at the same time.

Pioneer ftw!

I'm looking into alpine H/U's as they look and sound the best from what i heard.

What you have heard might be from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Alpines are fine, but FAR from best.

i have the 9884. its my first aftermarket hu. i like it. i think its a little hard to get around the menus and stuff though. if i were to do it over i would get either the 9886 or a comparative Pioneer Premier.

What you have heard might be from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Alpines are fine, but FAR from best.

I always just look on ebay and dream of getting a Mac or Denon Z1 HU. Sooo nice.

get you a 600ub off the SSA store be happier with it than the 9886 which has a bull EQ you have to buy a box to get a 7 band EQ

I always just look on ebay and dream of getting a Mac or Denon Z1 HU. Sooo nice.

Same here.....as soon as I win the lotto...I'm getting that Denon deck :D

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS :D

dont mean to thread jack but what made you fall in love with that pioneer deck Duran?

dont mean to thread jack but what made you fall in love with that pioneer deck Duran?

The looks caught me at first, then the feel :P It is very versatile. Good equalizer, three 5v. pre-outs, satellite radio ready, iPod ready, good crossovers. It's a bit on the expensive side though, which is why I don't have one (yet).

oh ok. im in the market for a deck also. i have a couple in mind. i might have to add that one to my choices. sorry Pezzaboi. You can have your thread back

keep going i like to read up and check out what you all talking about! :) gunna have another look about tonight :)