holley2346

Can't Believe What I Saw

So I definitely was walking through the mall in Montgomery, Al yesterday and I spotted a guy wearing a white Fi Audio shirt..... It was quite a surprise after going to most of the local car audio shops and having them tell me Fi was some cheap brand that they didn't know about. So that at least makes 2 people that are aware of Fi in Montgomery :)

Are there any others around the Montgomery area?

Are you sure you were in the mall? :lol:

Are you sure you were in the mall? :lol:

Pretty darn, I was actually hoping this person would be on here and see this post. As I regretted not introducing myself and asking about his affiliation with Fi. The only Fi setup I have ever seen would have to be my own =\

But I was encouraged enough to buy a shirt, ordered it about ~3 minutes ago. :)

Edited by holley2346

Funny that you said that, because I went to a local shop that swore up and down that Fi was cheap and garbage and they made cheap products and how Great MTX was and how I should buy his MTX 9500's for some crazy price like $750 for a 12. I guess that's what I like about Fi The Price to Performance ratio is crazy. They may not be the best drivers. But I think they are for the price

It's been beaten to death, shops tell you that so you buy their stuff. Why would a shop trying to make money and survive tell you to buy something they don't sell?

Edited by patented17

It may be because I am not very active in audio competition or that I just haven't played with many brands, but Fi is superior to any other brand I have ever used/seen/heard. The BTL is worth the money there is no doubt. Not only the BTL, but every line they provide. As far as I have seen everything is made very solid and built to last. Just pick a BTL up and you know you have something there :). Something may come up in the future, but as it stands now I look forward to opening every box that I get from Fi because I know that it's going to be something good every time.

Edited by holley2346

Oh, I know they are awesome, I had an 3 slug BTL right when they came out. I love waiting for electronics to come in the mail. I was just trying to say how from the shops stand point.

So many people talk about how their l5 12's / 15's and boss / hifonics amps are better than my setup... (SA3KD + BTL 18 in a 6 cu ft box).

Then after they get out of my vehicle they stand corrected.

I had a kid tell me he just got his 10 thousand watt amp hooked up at 2 ohms to 2 powerbass subs I believe.... I said who makes the amp? He goes I don't know I got it at a flea market..... after looking at the 16 gauge power wire I was speechless.

Look let them think and say what they want about FI.

I don't think there are to many shops or people in florida that have not heard of FI and how great they are.

let the haters hate.

I also love how everyone in my town is stuck on Kicker and Hifonics..

WOW sadly enough i know what your talking do you like in Corpus Christi,Texas by chance.

im from central Indiana. all the people around here have hard-ons for MTX, Alpine, Kicker. the local shop told me to stay away from things like Fi, SSA, RE.

My buddy has 2 15in type-r's, said hes gonna get a MRP-500 hooked up to each and enter some competitions...

I Guess All This Talk Will Make Us Unique ;)

And Well Continue to be the best cuz everyone will have kickers, MTX and audiobahns hahaha

I LOVE absolutely LOVE how a shop out here claims to be a Fi dealer....... :Doh:

Oh yeah, here in Indy they were saying "why don't you ever see fi, Re, Sundown, etc. in car audio mags or stores?" Thay were also saying chit like the same small group of guys on the forums that don't have a clue about quality post the same stuff over and over. I just stood there and grinned in disbelief.

what shops did you swing by?

I work at CKR and then there is Jimmys Carstereo, you never talked to me though

there are a few other shops also...but these are the main 2

What do you expect us to say? Especially when owners and such are there

Not all shops are idiots, but we still have to make a living here

i had 2 BTL 18s before i started working there, they finally got me to take it out for RF stuff, took alot of persuading :D

there are a few with FI around here, probably one of my friends you saw, also getting way too many tards coming in asking about FI, tis why i didnt go with them for this next build

if you ever want to swing by and introduce yourself come on in, just look for a new style red explorer outside, im a young guy upfront

Edited by bamaboy

CKR in montgomery, or prattville? They have the audio store beside bama lanes that I can not for anything remember the name of in prattville as well. I don't venture to montgomery often. :)

edit: I believe the other one is called power house.

Edited by holley2346

the only local shop here called extreme car audio and they have been waiting for me to finish my system to come up and show them. they told me "we know your not going to buy from us. lol then he went on the say some comp he went to fi kicked ass =]

Thay were also saying chit like the same small group of guys on the forums that don't have a clue about quality post the same stuff over and over. I just stood there and grinned in disbelief.

sounds like something Sinister Autosports says. am i right?

Edited by casedawg350

I have a couple of Fi shirts,I ware mine on the weekend.