mveale05

New from Oregon

Just your basic introduction here, and a question to kick off my time here. My name is Matt, I'm new to this forum but have been a member of several other forums for many years, so I'll try to refrain from making noob-ish mistakes. Ha.

Anyway, I currently have an Alpine CDA-9857 in my truck that's going to be replaced by a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD that's currently in the mail. Also I've got some Polk Audio db6501 Components that are powered by a Rockford Fosgate P400.4, and a brand new 12" Fi Audio SSD powered by a Kenwood KAC-9152D. The Kenwood is getting sold tomorrow morning along with my old Kicker CVX. On the list of things to do is plenty of Raamat BXT, and two new amps of some sort.

I guess instead of making a new topic I'll just try my luck in this one... I need a new amp that will power that Fi SSD nicely. I was gonna go with an Elemental Designs NINe.1, but a few members of FullSizeChevy.com tried to steer me away from that and towards a Kicker ZX750.1. Anyway, what better place to get answers than a forum full of audiophiles? I need something that will handle that SSD, and somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 (if possible).

Thanks guys.

Welcome to SSA :)

Nice truck btw

:hay: Fellow Oregonian here.

Crx, couple 12's, a couple amps, In the mid valley.

Edited by alvitae

I'm over in Idaho. Welcome to SSA!

Welcome

If you are still looking at the Kicker check out hifisoundconnection.com

Good to see some members not too far from me. I used to go to school in Eugene. Got friends in Corvallis, Albany, and Salem. I live in Hermiston, which is eastern Oregon bout an hour from Idaho. I've got friends at u of I in Moscow.

So if it was between the sundown 1200d and kicker zx750 which would you guys pick? I'm hoping to be somewhere around 800 watts at 2 ohms. Is that sundown underrated enough to do that or should I go kicker?

Good to see some members not too far from me. I used to go to school in Eugene. Got friends in Corvallis, Albany, and Salem. I live in Hermiston, which is eastern Oregon bout an hour from Idaho. I've got friends at u of I in Moscow.

So if it was between the sundown 1200d and kicker zx750 which would you guys pick? I'm hoping to be somewhere around 800 watts at 2 ohms. Is that sundown underrated enough to do that or should I go kicker?

My aunt went to school in Eugene where she currently resides.

The Sundown is underrated an will push 1500 at 1 ohm, so about 800 at 2 ohms.

:WELCOME:

Well, I just placed an order for a Sundown SAE-1200D through the online store. I'll start a new thread for my build whenever all my stuff gets there.

Thanks for the input and the welcome.

Welcome and good amp choice!