nauc

rlp vs w7

XMAX is not the only factor in db figures,

for the money you could buy a pair of RL-ps for the price of a single W7, still hold the same SQ while passing the W7 in SPL

no brainer for me

oh yeah, welcome to SSAudio

i would wager that one rl-p could keep up with the same size w7. but denim is right, for the money, you could buy two rl-p's and flat out beat the w7, while still maintaining w7 level sq.

my 15" treo ss's with 1000wrms in a ported box was just as loud as a pair of 13w7's with 3000wrms sealed. (actually, i was a lil louder according to the mic) and the 13w7's were inside the cabin fo the car, which had a better electrical system (multiple batteries, 50farad cap) compared to my stock system and one farad cap (i know, i had it lying around, so i used it..lol)

not dogging the w7, great woofer...but there is just as good out there for less money.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It doesnt mean too much since install is so huge, but I lost to a 13w7 in a ported box tuned higher than me off a jl 1000/1 by .8 dB. I have my rl-p in a ported box tuned to 28hz off about 900w.

If you compare the 12w7 to the rl-p 12 I think the w7 will theoretically be about 1 db because of the extra displacement but the 13w7 to an rl-p 15 should be very similar, theoretically at least.