jjg052590

Give me opinions, good or bad.

1. Alpine SPX-17REF= $359.98 179.99(each)

2. Alpine MRP-F600= 242.47

3. Supercrewsound box, Tan, add depth, =190

4.Alpine SWR-1022D (TYPE R)=110(each)=220

5.Alpine PDX-1.600=280

5. Kicker PKD1 Dual amp kit= 102.99

6. Kicker SI27 2 pair RCAs=29.98

7. Monster Cable MPC S302 2C 15M=34.99

Total: 1470

1. Components

2. Amp for Comps

4. 10" woofers

5. Amp

I felt this would be my best option especially for subs and amp because the box I want to use, has .6 cubic feet and those subs in a sealed box at minimum is .5-.8 I felt it was a great fit, and I figured I was going to get Alpine Components and Amp, so finish it off with an Alpine amp for my subs!

are you doing 2 sets of components up front, or one front, one back? a lot of guys just run front mids and highs. Can you build the box yourself? a sealed box should be pretty easy to do, and you can do it for way less than 190. Also, those type R's will take a lot more than 300 watts each.

for amps, you could get a Sundown SAZ 1000D new for $350 and a SAX125.2 new for $200, which if you built your own box would end up being less money for some awesome amps. Although you wont have any fade control for the components, it won't be a big deal if you run them all up front

are you doing 2 sets of components up front, or one front, one back? a lot of guys just run front mids and highs. Can you build the box yourself? a sealed box should be pretty easy to do, and you can do it for way less than 190. Also, those type R's will take a lot more than 300 watts each.

for amps, you could get a Sundown SAZ 1000D new for $350 and a SAX125.2 new for $200, which if you built your own box would end up being less money for some awesome amps. Although you wont have any fade control for the components, it won't be a big deal if you run them all up front

One set up front, one set in the back. I might could if I can find a template for it, agreed? Yeah those Type R's RMS at 500. That amp can give 600x1 I thought I could wire it up and they'd get 600 a piece? Or only 300, you are right. What is SAX125.2?

thats the sundown 2 channel amp http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart...p;products_id=4

it will put out 200 per channel at 2 ohms, so 100 per component set.

I assume you are talking about a template for a box, that should be really easy if you post up the dimensions you have to work with

Oh ok, I've just seen all these built for my truck and dont have dimensions.

don't do the Kicker rca's you will have engine noise down the road

Knukonceptz better?

Don't use Monster cable, and there are plenty of other ideas people on here can suggest instead of the Hype-R for a sub. And yes, I personally would prefer KnuKonceptz for cabling, RCA's, and power wire.

Also, you did not list your goals and or listening preferences.

Don't use Monster cable, and there are plenty of other ideas people on here can suggest instead of the Hype-R for a sub. And yes, I personally would prefer KnuKonceptz for cabling, RCA's, and power wire.

Also, you did not list your goals and or listening preferences.

Oh ok, thanks. Goals is to be loud, and I listen to mainly rap and country. I like it to "knock" or "slap"

personally I use Kicker hyperflex powercable and tsunami patch cords.

personally I use Kicker hyperflex powercable and tsunami patch cords.

That work out well for all your installs?

that's all I use but if you are on a budget use KNU. A dual amp kit from kicker and wires from Tsunami will put you ver $250

Going to budget for any sound deadening to keep the sound inside the car?

that's all I use but if you are on a budget use KNU. A dual amp kit from kicker and wires from Tsunami will put you ver $250

Ouch, I was about 170 for wiring kit, RCA's and speaker wire.

Going to budget for any sound deadening to keep the sound inside the car?

Not with the initial burst, but I do believe I'm going to do wiring kit, subs, amp, box first. Enjoy that for the time being, then continue saving and add the amp, and components and then possibly sound deaden. My truck seems to hold noise in well.

I have had good experience with Knukonceptz, i think that for the money they can't be beat

I have had good experience with Knukonceptz, i think that for the money they can't be beat

That's good to hear. :fing34:

5.Alpine PDX-1.600=280

1. Components

2. Amp for Comps

4. 10" woofers

5. Amp

I felt this would be my best option especially for subs and amp because the box I want to use, has .6 cubic feet and those subs in a sealed box at minimum is .5-.8 I felt it was a great fit, and I figured I was going to get Alpine Components and Amp, so finish it off with an Alpine amp for my subs!

Ouch, that will cost you $1500?

You need to start over, but tell us your goals instead of an equipment list. The only things on your list I'd buy is the Kicker amp kit and the PDX, but only if I really needed a small footprint amplifier.

Check this pic out

TsunamisilverStingerProRedKolossusB.jpg

I found it informative.

And goals would be nice.....I'm thinking your going fo sound quality, but thats just a guess

I've used them in numerous installs and never had any noise issue. In fact, I've used the cheapest RCAs known to man and never had a noise issue.

5.Alpine PDX-1.600=280

1. Components

2. Amp for Comps

4. 10" woofers

5. Amp

Ouch, that will cost you $1500?

You need to start over, but tell us your goals instead of an equipment list. The only things on your list I'd buy is the Kicker amp kit and the PDX, but only if I really needed a small footprint amplifier.

I've used them in numerous installs and never had any noise issue. In fact, I've used the cheapest RCAs known to man and never had a noise issue.

I want it LOUD, Listen to rap, i want sound quality, but I want it to beat hard and low. Wacha think of my new list I've come up with.

1. Kicker KS60.2=119.99(each)=240

2. Kicker ZX350.4=219.99

3. F150 Box, 2 12s(139.95+22)=162

4. Polk Audio MM1240DVC=129.99(259.98)

5. PowerBass ASA-1000.1D= 249.99

6. Kicker PKD1 Dual amp kit= 102.99

7. Stinger SPL2120=15.99each=47.97

8. 100 foot 14 gauge speaker wire(HOME DEPOT)=50

Total: 1400.68 Shipped

Same here. I don't buy into high end cable bullchit. A twisted pair sheilding is usually good enough to block out any unwanted noise. I'd be more worried about bad grounds or connections.

Same here. I don't buy into high end cable bullchit. A twisted pair sheilding is usually good enough to block out any unwanted noise. I'd be more worried about bad grounds or connections.

And anyone in car audio that says differently is an idiot.