4X4AUTIGER

Amp to big for IXL 10.2.2?

Would a US AMPS MD1D (underrated 1200w @ 1 ohm) be to big for one IXL 10.2.2? Will be putting it in a ported box not sure what size yet so any recommendations would help. Thanks

You can always limit the power that the amplifier puts out.

As above. There's nothing wrong with having a bit of headroom.

Like KU40 said, you can always gain down, using a DMM, to set the amp to the wattage you are looking to get for the sub.

Thats the exact amp I have except mines the 06 model.

To answer your question.....It can be. So as long as you know what to look for you'll be fine.

I think at one point myself and Mark measured the amp with a DMM, and it was north of 1400 watts. But that wasnt a true rms reading.

Edited by Puggsley456

sounds great. but i still have some more questions: 1. for a ported box it says .8 cuft tuned to 36Hz but i was wanting to tune it to 33Hz so how big should my box be? 2. the mounting depth is 5.5" but do i need to leave an extra inch for the pole vent? this is going under my f150 truck back seats so i am limited on space

sounds great. but i still have some more questions: 1. for a ported box it says .8 cuft tuned to 36Hz but i was wanting to tune it to 33Hz so how big should my box be? 2. the mounting depth is 5.5" but do i need to leave an extra inch for the pole vent? this is going under my f150 truck back seats so i am limited on space

I dont see a reason to change the volume of the box because you are changing its tuned freq.

I use the idea that all spacing(port,driver) should be at least as far away from any wall as what ever the diameter is of the port you are using.

If that makes sense.

Not much more to say here. Keep it at 0.8 cubes and add your port. Keep in mind that lowering the tuning will add a fair bit of vent length so it may or may not cause a problem with your available area.

Use one inch space behind the driver for the vent. Post up your maximum dimensions you can go so folks her can help you bang out a box size :)

Not much more to say here. Keep it at 0.8 cubes and add your port. Keep in mind that lowering the tuning will add a fair bit of vent length so it may or may not cause a problem with your available area.

Use one inch space behind the driver for the vent. Post up your maximum dimensions you can go so folks her can help you bang out a box size :)

Alright well i cant post the dimensions and i cant post a picture but here are the dimensions http://www.f150online.com/forums/speakers-...-home-made.html

it is the three blue pictures. that box will hold 2 subs but those are the dimensions for the biggest box i can fit under my rear seats

I don't think you can fit an IXL in that box due to the angle. It would be tight enough at the fat end, but the short end kills the idea.

I think I have a couple of MAW-10's left that should fit the bill for you tho. PM me if you're interested.

I don't think you can fit an IXL in that box due to the angle. It would be tight enough at the fat end, but the short end kills the idea.

I think I have a couple of MAW-10's left that should fit the bill for you tho. PM me if you're interested.

yeah im trying to find other designs but most of them say they can fit subs with 5.5-5.875... but if i have to there is a $155 seat lift that lifts my rear seats 2.5"

also how do the MAW 10s compare to the IXL 10.2.2?

Ha! I have a 50 cent lift kit for you, use a couple of nuts or an aluminum pipe over your mounting bolts.

Ha! I have a 50 cent lift kit for you, use a couple of nuts or an aluminum pipe over your mounting bolts.

seriously i am a member on an F150 forum and everyone is pissed at how expensive that thing is! people are trying to figure out ways to do it on their own