Sign in to follow this  
tattooedkaos

'05 Scion Xa, what way to fire sub and port?

I am currently taking advantage of the Audibel Customs free enclosure special and getting myself an SSA Icon 12". I am going to be going with a ported enclosure, and Quentin is currently working on my design. the first design he had was with the sub on an angle, firing towards the hatch, and port firing out the top. I had envisioned a upward firing sub and port, and a raised sub floor in the back to make it all flush.

Now I realize that the box is just going to be so big regardless that the sub floor idea went out the window. I am only concerned with it hitting hard, going deep, and being able to keep up with my tastes in music. I drive a '05 Scion Xa, 160 amp alt, 0g big 3, power and ground, all knukonceptz wiring, Alpine PDX 100.4, Infinity reference 6.5 comps, 6.5 coax rear fill, and a memphis 16MCD-1000 sub amp. I listen to rap, metal, rock and Drum N Bass.

I like the way the angled firing sub and upward port looked, and am just looking to see if anyone has experience with this, or my type of car, and does that sound like it would be a good setup? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Well, i would say come by my house and i can do a free box test session for about 3-4hrs if u are willing to drive for 4 hrs since i am in KY.

I own a tc. And from my box testing-

Sub back, port back was the loudest... but i didn't do it because i didn't have room for batteries with that design.

The loudest designs i tested for music (between 30-55hz) were-

Sub facing passenger side, port back

Sub back, port to passenger side

Sub back, port to driver side

Sub back, port up

Sub up, port back

Sub to passenger side, port up

Any of those designs yielded great results in that frequency range. Of course all cars are different but mine is a hatch and those were the ones i founded my car liked.

thats good chit. maybe some day I would consider that drive, i'm trying to experience more things and try to live life more as I get older, lol