mrray13

rl-i 8 review/still pr0n

Kent, you might be able to blow a pup 8 but i'll be the 1st in the whole world to have funky pup pr0n.

Every time i look at those 8's i want one more and more !

oh, u misunderstand...lol...i'm going to try not to tear it up..lol...just play it crossed over...i've got it in the enclosure seen in the pics and on his bookshelf (cheap emerson) playing fullrange and it sucks..lol.

i wnat to try it playing just sub freq's..i've got to build a x-over for the boy..but even then i don't think his crappy 'shelf has enough power..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ok, i downloaded the track that tom suggested...Dimmu Borgir - Puritania...and the eight reproduced it very well. not quite as well as the rl-p, which rocks, but it did a great job nonetheless. i will do this again with a different box and see if that helps. that track is now going to be added to my play list everytime i test a sub..wow, the double kick drums are intense!

tomorrow, the funky pup goes boom in the trunk..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

im glad you liked the song Kent, that song just feels like its kicking you in the face eh?

and as always, :stfu:

Kent, you might be able to blow a pup 8 but i'll be the 1st in the whole world to have funky pup pr0n.

oh, u misunderstand...lol...i'm going to try not to tear it up..lol...just play it crossed over...i've got it in the enclosure seen in the pics and on his bookshelf (cheap emerson) playing fullrange and it sucks..lol.

i wnat to try it playing just sub freq's..i've got to build a x-over for the boy..but even then i don't think his crappy 'shelf has enough power..

did you see my post in IHoP about your x-over?

no...but i'm going to go look!!

no...but i'm going to go look!!

it's a couple days old, shouldnt be too far back though

hey kent can i suggest a song to test that lil 8 ability?

test on you 12 first so u can get an idea of how the basslines suppose to sound.

pattie lebelle going solo...try it and let me know how it sound

too late 80..lol...

i've already pulled the rl-i outa the box..for now..hehe

thinking of going tl on it..and then give her another run..

wow Kent, the pictures look sweet, and damn I need to order one asap

ok kent then play that song on the new box and let me know whats up

i might get 8 of them who knows

> Is it even out yet???

Indeed, I have a whole slew of 'em sittin' in my stockroom. I've just been waiting for the magnet boots to come in so that I won't have to ship out the drivers with their privates showing :P

Unfortunately, as I was down at TC all day yesterday, I found that the boots did in fact arrive from Ohio.. BUT that they sent the wrong ones! We had a box o' 2" x 5.25" boots, and I needed 2" x 5.75" boots :(mad.gif

So, the correct boots are being manufactured currently, which should take about two days.. on top of that, transit time from Ohio which will take another 5-6 days. crying.gif

If anyone wants a driver without the boot though, feel free to email me. I'll of course ship out the boot seperately down the line as well if you would like it. I guess this is kind of a blessing in disguise, since I don't have the redesigned products pages done quite yet anyway.. so this will give me time to make sure they come out the way I want them :P

can i have two or four??

i have $40 SS credit.

Stupids.

No sense in putting on undies that are to small, need ball space

save me a pair Mike, wont be too long til i order them

and get your doodlin pen ready ;)

lol..mine is sitting in it's shipping crate...

and mike, i just noticed this the other day..but your welcome!! it's been my pleasure bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

kent your going to sell it to me right?

kent your going to sell it to me right?

ummmm..no???

lol...u gotta get in line bro...

i want to connect it to my computer with my focal componets, but haven't figured out how yet..lol..

maybe..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey Kent.. was playin' around in Leap today and figure that 0.3 cu ft net volume, tuned to 35 Hz will probably be your best bet for a ported enclosure.

White Line = 0.3 cu ft to 35 Hz

Red Line = 0.26 cu ft to 31 Hz

Turquoise Line = 0.24 cu ft to 39 Hz

RL-i8-vented.gif

Sorry 'bout the shiesty pic.. Leap wouldn't let me take a screen shot so I just busted out the digicam instead :P

.3 at 35hz? kewl....

u think .5 would be alright? i mean this box is gonna be huge for just the port..lol...

how much port area?

thanks for the recommendations

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sure a 0.5 cu ft vented box will work fine, but may get just a tad peaky between 35-55 Hz.. maximum of + 3 db around 37 Hz, so it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Port area.. I'd say try 13 square inches for good luck :lol2:

Sure a 0.5 cu ft vented box will work fine, but may get just a tad peaky between 35-55 Hz.. maximum of + 3 db around 37 Hz, so it shouldn't be too noticeable. 

Port area.. I'd say try 13 square inches for good luck  :lol2:

i'm looking at 17sqin of port (8.5x2) and a 1.5cuft gross box to net the .5cuft..lol...

whatcha think? now if i knew how to use cad..lol..i could layout my port..it's a big sucka...70.5" long..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: