Sign in to follow this  
SKEEMASK

Xcon vs Loaded BL

Whats ur opinions on this scenario? Considering enclosure volume is pretty close, power recommendations are about the same. Price is similar....whats ur opinions?

I say XCON..... and wow your Sig is bigger then mine. O_O

15s Im comparing the two drivers cause Im looking to do a 3-15 setup in the near future off my Atomic 5K. I can do 3 dual1ohm subs and run the amp just under 0.7ohm around 0.67....yes I know imp will be higher. Im designing a enclosure that comes up to 240sq" of port tuned to 31Hz and 14.1ft3 after bracing and port/sub displacements. Thats about 4.7ft3 and 80sq" of port per 15

Edited by SKEEMASK

They are two very different drivers.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Meaning, the BL is a serious purpose built high output driver, it just got a few updates as of a week or so ago. The idea and design direction behind the BL was for people who were after BTL like performance, but did not plan to use 2000 or more watts. A more everyman BTL, not saying the BTL is not for everyone or everyday, quite the opposite, the BL is meant to 'bridge the gap between the Q and the BTL'.

Where as the Xcon is a high end sound quality driver with loads of excursion and power handling. Let me preface in saying that in no way am I comparing these next drivers to the Xcon, just using them as an example; Look at the W7 and the XXX, both sound quality minded drivers that have great sound and excursion, but both have strong output capabilities.

So the point is, you are comparing two drivers that really are in two different classes. Either are excellent choices, both built here in the USA, you just need to figure out which suits your goals better.

just out of curiosity how would the Xcon measure up to the XXX? I just found them very similar in stated goals.

just out of curiosity how would the Xcon measure up to the XXX? I just found them very similar in stated goals.

The prior XXX was an excellent driver with sound quality and flat response as it's goals, but total different motor design. I have not tested the new XXX to speak on it.

icon = xcon's little brother....... basically

ya the xcon sound just as good if not better than the icon.. icon is rated for 1krms and is a low end monster... with the space your working with i would recomend the xcon although what are your goals... that could help us all alot

ya the xcon sound just as good if not better than the icon..

icon is rated for 1krms and is a low end monster were the xcon is rated around 1600rms both great subs and i have heard them both in person also have done many setups with them as well as dcons... with the space your working with i would recomend the xcon although what are your goals... that could help us all alot

Im basically looking for something with decent cone area and that can handle my Atomic. Im taking the back seats out my T-bird and building something that will go in place of the back seat. It will be level with the rear deck and extend out to about 4-6" from the headrests and from seat belt to seat belt. If I went with 3-15s.....it would have to be subs up port forward. If I went with something like 4 or 5-12s....I can do subs up and port up. Strictly music.....I wanna be able to listen to my music very loud, with pretty reasonalbe sq and still hit the lanes if I wanted too (basically a Ground Pound). Just to let u know Im not a noob to the audio scene...Im just basically soaking up as much info on these particular subs as possible

Im basically looking for something with decent cone area and that can handle my Atomic. Im taking the back seats out my T-bird and building something that will go in place of the back seat. It will be level with the rear deck and extend out to about 4-6" from the headrests and from seat belt to seat belt. If I went with 3-15s.....it would have to be subs up port forward. If I went with something like 4 or 5-12s....I can do subs up and port up. Strictly music.....I wanna be able to listen to my music very loud, with pretty reasonalbe sq and still hit the lanes if I wanted too (basically a Ground Pound). Just to let u know Im not a noob to the audio scene...Im just basically soaking up as much info on these particular subs as possible

Both are great subs man. You can't loose with either. SSA would love the support though and we are looking to grow our audio team a bit :)

http://www.teamssaudio.com

yea I see. Ive been getting some attention from Atomic wanting me to run their subs but IDK. Ive been noticing u guys doing ya thing here in the last few yrs. Im looking more @ ur stuff now that Ive seen the Blazer setups. very impressive with just a 3K (not that 3K isnt alot of watts)

how do u think 4-Icon 12s would do on a 5K with about 2.5ft3 per sub?

they should do just fine on that power. 1250/ea is about the top of it's power range for RMS. Space is perfect also :)

cool. It would be more along 2.64ft3 after bracing, and sub/port displacement tuned @ 32Hz

that right there sounds like a fun set up. I love ground pounders. :fing34:

That would be a tremendous set up.

Both are great subs man. You can't loose with either. SSA would love the support though and we are looking to grow our audio team a bit :)

Let's keep it real Mark Xcon>>>BL

Let's keep it real Mark Xcon>>>BL

I would not say that. Two different drivers for two different goals.