Sign in to follow this  
Koridan

starting over.... ideas?

Ok so a long time ago I had the maw-15's, two of them, anyway they were amazing. but due to economic circumstances I had to regretfully sell them to make ends meet. Also along with my tiny but very stout amp. So here is the new deal going on... I have a better job now. new car. and a new budget. I drive a 2006 Pontiac g6 sedan.... I am looking into two subs for the car. i was wanting 10's because before i sold my maw's i tried to get them in the trunk of the g6 and it didnt work well. so Anyway 2 10's is what im looking at, or maybe 2 12's. budget is $500-$600 for both subs together. thanks in advance

~MadroX

*Edit: Spelling Error :D

Edited by Madrox

Well, what kind of power you think on pushin, Juggalo?

damn right im a juggalo... haha Anyway I was wanting whatever my budget could get me.... when i had my maw's i was overly pleased with them and i only had about 400w split between the 2 of them. so yea. if my budget can get me more than that than i will be happy. i noticed the ssa 10 d4's for $200 something i believe with 1000w rms. but i know xcons are super stout

I want really loud bass and as tight and punchy as i can. i need that happy medium. so any ideas wha would be a good idea. keep in mind i also have $500 budge on the amp alone.... so the budget is seperate from the amp one. keep that in mind, because maybe you can kind of get an idea of what amp would go good with the subs

i can mention a LOT of sub choices for under $500-600 but i need to know either what amp u plan on running or how much u willin to spend on one so we can go Chicken Huntin

damn, u got plenty of money for what i was thinkin. You gonna upgrade your electrical system any?

Also, does ur sub budget include the box or is there a separate budget for the box as well?

I have 13 remixes to chicken hunting including 3 bass mixes and the og also. But um, no. My best friends father is a life-long carpenter so he can make me one to my specs for free. Yea but I want to be loud and tight at the same time. i know its possible. especially with my budget. i would be willing to get 12's but i'd rather have 10's because i can "pimp" out my trunk with only 10's add lights mount the amp and all that good stuff. i dont want to take up so much space that all you see when you open the trunk is just 2 12" drivers and nothing else.... I mean I live in memphis so just wood and speakers doesn't cut it anymore

I like a collection challenge. I seriously dont think i have that many version but i do have over 5,400 songs in just horrorcore. This isn't limited to just Psy. Records but also others such as Bedlam, Sycksyde, Sinister X, etc...

ok, anyways, back to ur topic.

Check out some of these options and let me know what u think-

Without any electrical upgrade-

2 12" AQ SDC2.5s + AQ1200d = $577

2 10" AQ SDC2.5s + AQ1200d = $557

For cheap and loud, Audioque is a great choice.

You can also try Mach5Audio, they have pretty decent cheaply priced drivers.

FI SSDs are priced pretty cheap.

For amps, Audioque also sells some pretty powerful amps for a cheap price.

You can also go to www.db-r.com and get u some pretty cheap priced sundown amps that have been refurbished AND is authorized by sundown.

i was looking at the FI Q10 as a potential winner for the sub choice. I have heard nothing but grea things about them. so yea. 2 of those pushing 1000w rms each. plus a sealed enclosure of only .4-1.2 cu^ft !!! thats great IMO