Sign in to follow this  
davidg121

big 3 wires under 1200watts

Hey guys, im going to be using a sae-1200d with stock alt (110amps). I was wondering if i could use the 4gauge wire, or should i definitely use the 0 gauge. Also... What battery terminals do you recommend.

I would ALWAYS recommend 0 gauge cable. The thicker, the less voltage drop. The less voltage drop, the more wattage. Battery terminals are always a toss up. Get something that is rated for the current you are gonna be shooting through them and you wil be fine. In your case, practically any battery terminal will work.

ok, now ive noticed a few of the battery terminals have like designated holes for the wire... do u think thats better then just kinda clamping em under it?

If budget allows upgrade to 0 gauge if not 4 gauge will be sufficient!

ok, now ive noticed a few of the battery terminals have like designated holes for the wire... do u think thats better then just kinda clamping em under it?

Multiple mounting locations in terminals make for a cleaner looking and solid connection.

Edited by OldSkool_08

I see, i think ill end up going with the 4 gauge... Although are there any parts that are more necessary to have 0 gauge than 4 gauge?

haha i just made a thread about this the other day. everyone said for only around 1000 watts, 4awg wil be just fine.

hmmm... surprised i missed that thread lmao... been lookin all day... weird...

hmmm... surprised i missed that thread lmao... been lookin all day... weird...

if money is a problem find a local welding store they have decent 0guage for cheap...