And your idea of "blend" is subjective. There are some on this forum that would think they can blend something that is 30dB higher and some of us who truly want it to blend. Your arbitrary 6dB is not a rule of thumb or logical for the OP to try to follow.

Blend is subjective for a lot of people... I understand your feeling.

I was like you at first (lowering the gain of the subwoofer to blend with my midbass: so that nobody knows there's a subwoofer in the car)

However, I have managed to do the exact same thing (as stated above) but with 6dBs more output @ 63hz than I have @ 250hz for example (subwoofer lowpassed @ 80hz 12dB/oct) - smooth response curve all the way

I might repeat myself but ALL the sound is coming from my front stage - on some songs, people even put their hand on my dashboard to see if I have a small subwoofer hidden underneath it.

Believe some even managed the same thing with 9dBs more output (I wasn't able to lol)

Car audio is so difficult , complex and experimentation is the best way to learn.

Kelvin

Perhaps I should have made it more clear. I have no idea why you'd want anything 6dB higher, that makes absolutely no sense to me. I realize that I can turn my sub up and still make it disappear and have done it, not a big deal at all but I have ZERO desire to as I don't consider this blended. Your revelation is far from one, but your desire to have your sub playing that much louder than your front stage is confusing to me. Whatever though as different strokes for different folks.

Ohh... Understood :D

It's just that I like to listen to live recordings more...

John Mayer

Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged (pretty much anything MTV)

Genesis

I won't say it is a necessity, but I feel that you need it when listening to "Lives". Hearing and feeling music can't be beat :P

I got a demo from the Image Dynamics Horns while I was in Ontario and ohh boy the Dynamic is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Installed some horns not so long ago in my girlfriend's car and they show what I have been missing with my own system (in my sig)

I was just directing the OP to something he might or might not have thought being possible (english?) lol

I'm sure he'll be happy with the Xcons...

Kelvin

I pretty much only listen to live music...