Sign in to follow this  
racerx86

Slapping noise?

Don't think it is shifted, the OD of the magnets vary as they are all pressed items that are cured after being pressed...they can vary up to 2-3mm on the outer diameter which is fine and doesn't hurt anything.

You know when it shifts because the coil will not move at all.

Did you play it free air on low power? Was it still making noise? Is it a metallic noise?

I have had baseball games everyday so i havent done much with it..

If i were to free air it, what should i wire the sub to? Its a dual 2. I have a hifonics bxi 1208d.

As for my current enclosure, i think i may take it to the shop that built it and have them throw a sub in it and test and see if it is slapping.

Time is just not on my side at this point but i will FOR SURE get to it this weekend.

im going to assume at this point its yer box panels slapping each other due to its not that solid of an enclosure just by looking at the pics. do what nick said and run it free air, if it dont make that sound, its not the sub. on another note, your LP is too high for a Q imo, but thats just me

where would you put the lp at? im just wondering

65 to 80 hz

okay well i plan on going back to the audio shop to talk to them tomorrow. Baseball is finally over...

but i have two more questions:

can i free air the sub on regular music on low power/volume?

and should i stick with a down firing box or a tradition ported box?

My ride is an f150 extended cab.

thanks again

Use a sine wave..don't use music as it is dynamic and unpredictable.

Nothing wrong with the downfiring box...but you need to figure out what is going on with it. Odds are it is not the speaker. But, check it out free air. Do NOT put a whole lot of power / volume knob to it...your mechanical power handling goes down roughly by a factor of 10. But this will tell you if it is the sub..or your box..or something else.

Thanks!

Nick

Okay i finally got to it and im happy with my result:

This may sounds stupid but alls i did was take the sub out of the box and put it back in but i tucked the wires in differently than the shop that built my box did. Soooo the slapping noise must of been the speaker wires slapping around. I kinda feel stupid but when you hear what i heard, you start to get worried haha. Overall i am glad that it was nothing major. Also i would like to add some thanks to all the people that helped me out on here. I have learned a lot from just reading. My Q is amazing and would change a thing. Thanks again!!

Sign in to follow this