jlw*22

Trouble squeezing it in!

Well Quentin, things aren't looking so good for squeezing that XCON 15 in my Malibu. :angry22: I have measured and measured and it would appear that the opening to my trunk is too d**n small for 3.5 cube box ( I calculated 5.3 cubes external : 16.75 x 32 x 17 ported and tuned at roughly 30hz with external flare, double baffle and bracing is added). Inside the trunk there is plenty of room but they made the lid so narrow it appears I have no way to squeeze it in. Will it play in a small sealed box well enough or should I just port a 12. Remember that I am looking for them deep throaty notes to really shine (similiar to them old round solo-barics, just louder. :fing34: Or is their a better suited 15 that can squeeze down into a smaller ported enclosure. I'm gonna get cardboard and start making mock enclosures to see just what the largest box could be. I thought about running it from the back seat and sliding it back but that d**n door is just as bad as the trunk lid.

It would appear that GM is not Woofer Friendly. :bsflag:

I await any suggestions you may have.

:WTFBubble: Crutchfield is now selling FOCAL! Is Focal falling from grace? This chit ain't right man.

Nope I would have to rip them out. The problem with that is the support brace is still going to hinder me in height.

Nope I would have to rip them out. The problem with that is the support brace is still going to hinder me in height.

dang. have you thought about building the box in your car.? i know its kind of a hastle to do but sometimes its worth it

Well that has come to mind but I am thinking that it would be hindersome. First that woofer is enormous. I wanted it to fire up at the rear deck, so it might not be able to squeeze in. Second, the spare tire is in the bottom. I just know if I had a box I couldn't get out, I would surely have a flat someday real soon after.

Well that has come to mind but I am thinking that it would be hindersome. First that woofer is enormous. I wanted it to fire up at the rear deck, so it might not be able to squeeze in. Second, the spare tire is in the bottom. I just know if I had a box I couldn't get out, I would surely have a flat someday real soon after.

yeah well sometimes you have to make the sacrfice i had to take mine out to fit my box in. lol i just hope i dont get unlucky someday with a flat

Good luck with that. Around here, too many a**holes let the nails fall out of their truck. I went 8 years driving before I ever had a flat. The year I got my first, I had like 10 flats. Pricks and their irresponsible handling of sharp objects. :angry22:

Thanks for the time. I guess some things aren't meant to be. I may never get the big boy in this ride. That doesn't mean that I will not get a different ride. I may just get me an Exploder and get an XCON 18. That would be nice but probably a long off proposition. Must get back to work before I go shooting them bills out of my wallet. Well I'm gonna crash. Got to help a neighbor put his fuel injection system back together.

Take a look at the link two Kicker L7 15's ported. This was subs forward port out the side. I still have the enclosure here. he upgradedto a 21 so I can measure the box if you like.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=47019929

Edited by Audibel Customs

Sounds loud for sure. What's the tuning frequency and the systems frequency range look like? Power recommended and the dimensions would be good. And the price too. And a pair of white cotton gloves to keep 'em clean. :fing34:

I would still go with the xcon. I was just showing it can fit. People might say the box is too small but as you can see in the video they were moving some air. And these subs were facing towards the seat not towards the back.

The box was 32 wide, 16 tall, and 24 deep. tuned to 38 hertz. It ws a tight fit but it made it.

Edited by Audibel Customs

Thats cool. Any pics? I am just curious as to the volume. Is it suited for the XCON to get that low?

i'll take some pics tonight of the enclosure and the subs.

it won't fit huh...well squirt some lube on it and push harder!

kylogo300_2.jpg

If you can swing it I would go XCON.. if you are looking for low bass. I haven't heard them yet but the DCON and ICON REALLY DROP. I think that it would be the best sub for you if that is what you are looking for. If you take out your hole seat you can slide a bigger box in.

bent some metal on the trunk lid lol. I got a 4.0 cu^ft into my tiny ass camry trunk.

I know it'll fit. Will it be to the "perfect desired specs"? No, but if two 15's can squeeeeezzzzzeeee in I know one will. The opening from the seat is acually smaller than the trunk opening. We tried that, didn't work.

bent some metal on the trunk lid lol. I got a 4.0 cu^ft into my tiny ass camry trunk.

What year Camry?

What year Camry?

1996 LE

take some pics of the trunk and the box so people can see in what way the box should fit

does it have a spare tire in there

I would take some pics today but its a little dark with this freak storm we are having. Have to wait until it is a little brighter due to my camera flash being screwed. Have to use camera in the cell. It's looking like we will mash that 15 in there.....eventually.

Anyone giving away an SUV? :ehh:

I still want sick output when I crank the knob. I figure that 15 would give me the sq I seek and the output that will drown out the road. :dance: