carlos

IA warden vs DDz

hy guys...in your opinion...what do you think,the Warden from specs and motor point of view is in the same spl class woofers with the DDz...so i would like to know for example...can a 18" warden keep up with the DD 9918z in a spl comp???

No, the warden is 2500 rms and the Z is like 12k rms I believe. As far as specs go I would say no.

no...the DD's are rated(abnormaly) at 1500 rms....and the rest of the specs....3" voice coil both...neo columns motor...hand-crafted...stiff spiders...in my opinion..if nick developed a very performant cooling sistem/technology for the voice coil(and i hope so)..i think at least on the paper the Warden should be right beside the DDz in performance...at least until the 10kw rms barrier is broken..or i hope Warden is a more eficient driver than te DDz and in this case the superior thermal capabilities of the DDz and probably higher power level absorbed without failure will not count as much as it did until now...so...i want to see some ideas on that...

The Warden is more efficient, are we talking about the DD sub with the big ass neo magnet. The one that was in the concrete box?

I know what the answer is.......but Im going to let our competitors answer it for me

In an extreme SPL environment... the woofer is going to be one of the last things you should be worried about.

I know what the answer is.......but Im going to let our competitors answer it for me

possibly hinting at the warden...? lol

In an extreme SPL environment... the woofer is going to be one of the last things you should be worried about.

Im just wondering. In my next van build, i should just order some boss or wolfenhags or somthing to test with?

Im just wondering. In my next van build, i should just order some boss or wolfenhags or somthing to test with?

Lolz :wacky:

No, the warden is 2500 rms and the Z is like 12k rms I believe. As far as specs go I would say no.

I assume you've tested both drivers in the same exact SPL setup to substantiate your claims?? The fact that your final statement says "As far as specs go I would say no", means that you have absolutely no experience in using either driver. To give such an opinion is moronic as hell and you should keep these kinds of opinions to yourself. Nick and Josh probably wouldn't write something asking you to STFU, but I'm not them. They are nice guys.

If I had an SPL vehicle, I would choose the IA Warden, but Im a little biased, for good reason though.

Very interesting. I definetly want to see how htis turns out.

I would really like to see a few wardens in something.... HINT HINT lol but Im just sitting back and waiting !

Hey Guys,

My name is Ray Farmer, I use the DD99Z12, I say it is pretty awsome. I have hit some serious numbers with this sub. But it is an interesting question what driver is stronger. I would love to do a comparison test between the two. :fing34:

Hey Guys,

My name is Ray Farmer, I use the DD99Z12, I say it is pretty awsome. I have hit some serious numbers with this sub. But it is an interesting question what driver is stronger. I would love to do a comparison test between the two. :fing34:

just buy one and u will see(hear) it for yourself ... :fing34:

Hey Guys,

just buy one and u will see(hear) it for yourself ... :fing34:

why waste the money?

either one will probably get loud

90% of the system is the box.

7% is power

and

3% is subwoofer

at least thats how I see it of course you could have either and no experience and destroy both on 1500 rms

but if I had to choose 1 just by going by the other lines and how they compare to one another I would be going ddz on this one besides it's much sexier

I Say The Warden. More Woofer Per Dollar. I'd Rather Not Spend $5000 On A One-Note Wonder.

I Say The Warden. More Woofer Per Dollar. I'd Rather Not Spend $5000 On A One-Note Wonder.

I dont know anyones background, but most people go on hear say, dont be fooled, the DDZ was made for spl, but it does sounds pretty good on music. Have I heard better sounding subs, of coarse, example the UL12. But over all it does sound pretty good. As being over priced, I think DD can do a little better on that end. But overall it is a pretty stout, good sounding and strong woofer.

And in my experience, the woofer represents more than 3% of the set up. The box is definitely the main focus of any system setup (SQ or SPL). However, the woofer would be around the 15-20% mark. Because I have built boxes for a particular sub, then using the same box and switched out the sub and go up 1.5 db. That is a 50% gain in spl. I think power is the lowest factor or the scale. Example, any particaular box design, change sub can give you a 1.5db increase, change port design can give you a 3 db increase. Go back to the orginal sub and box setup, increase power you may get a slight change in db or no db gain. So the db's are MAINLY in the box tuning and sub, not power. Has anyone ever made a box, tested it and the amp is reading 6kw and your score is in the toilet?! :Doh::lol: But if you have an efficient box design and loud sub, then and only then does the power make a difference. More efficient setup(box and sub) is the key, not power. Power takes care of itself. So I do agree the majority of the work must go into the set up, however I would break it down like this.

Box 70%

Sub 20%

Power 10%

Just my opinion!

And I would buy one, however, not talking chit, I already have the DDZ12, I am already close to 156 (actually 155.9) in street A. If I can get a guarranteed return if the Warden is not louder than the DDZ, then I will buy one. If I needed to get a neo sub, if I didn't already have one, yes the warden would be the first choice.

I can attest to that....doubling power and gaining a couple tenths.

happened to me.

Sure, any subwoofer can be loud in the correct enclosure.

Don't make me go and dig up the 150db video with Sony Xplode 6x9's.

dooo eeet

Yeah, I wanna see that video too. :fing34: