Sign in to follow this  
agonz91

18" Fi BTL

im gonna put a fully loaded dual 1 ohm fi btl in a 98' ford explorer and have an AQ 3500D powering it with a kinetik hc2400. the only thing im not sure on is a box for the BTL. i want the box to provide the most SPL. if anyone could help me it would be most appreciated.

im gonna put a fully loaded dual 1 ohm fi btl in a 98' ford explorer and have an AQ 3500D powering it with a kinetik hc2400. the only thing im not sure on is a box for the BTL. i want the box to provide the most SPL. if anyone could help me it would be most appreciated.

Why are you doing a Dual 1?

You are going to burn stuff up with a D1 in parallel man...baaaaaaaaaad idea.

Why are you doing a Dual 1?

You are going to burn stuff up with a D1 in parallel man...baaaaaaaaaad idea.

Ditto. Run a Dual 2 so you can run the 3500 at 1 ohm.

If you are doing it just for competitions, you'll want to tune higher, like 45 hz. But if you actually want to listen to it on a daily basis and not have it sound like a one-note wonder (but lose some SPL), tune to 32-35 hz.

But if you want it to provide the MOST SPL, that will take a lot of trial and error with box design, vehicle setup, and a meter.

Sign in to follow this