jesse

Got a new rig!

784a134d4d1dcd0.jpg

Some of you (denim) might know that I used to run an Explorer enthusiast site. I picked this bird up yesterday for $3500 with 42,000 mi. XLT AWD 5.0 V8.

Now that we have kids the wife won't let me put my RE's in it :mad:

Damn! Nice score! Now add a Kenne Bell!

That's what the trunk is for. She dont want the kids sittin back there does she? :D

How in the world did you get that gem for that price (looks like an '00?)? Definitely nice work. Why did the previous owner(s) never drive it? I have a black '98 XLT with the SOHC V6. 178k, haha. But he looks and runs basically like new.

x2. i always wanted to do that to a 5.0 explorer. that would be sick

Sure is a purty thing...and if my Ranger's proven anything, friggin tanks...

It has a pinhole in the muffler so I'm going to pick up a Flowmaster 50 series and a K&N from Autozone on Friday, I'll start there ;)

That's what the trunk is for. She dont want the kids sittin back there does she? :D

Strollers, gear, she got tired of having to work around the box. It's not small, denim got me designs for a RE competition box. Very loud.

How in the world did you get that gem for that price (looks like an '00?)? Definitely nice work. Why did the previous owner(s) never drive it? I have a black '98 XLT with the SOHC V6. 178k, haha. But he looks and runs basically like new.

Saw it, called about it, called 3 more times, went there and talked him down before the person who test drove it earlier even got a chance to come back. It's an old fogey car, it's got a local retirement community's parking pass on the back window. And it's a 96.

Nice score Jesse. Did you sell the Dodge?

Nice score Jesse. Did you sell the Dodge?

Nope, sold the old X to my neighbor. The Dodge is the company/work truck.

It's wondeful... :wub:

I was thinking today I could probably get away with a fiberglass enclosure around the fender on one side. I recall a guy on my old site shaped foil around the side of the cargo area, spread resin on it and then glassed it. It'd be alot of work but at least I could get a 12" in there. My brother is selling me his Alpine deck that doesn't match the interior of his Explorer for $50.

Edit:

This one, in particular:

382403_26.jpg

Edited by jesse

That's a decent idea. I didn't care to mess with fiberglass when I made the enclosure for my 12, so I just had it facing back in an L-shaped box in that corner. It only sticks out about 6" from the wheel well and leaves quite a bit of room, even with my amp rack. But if you could fiberglass it, I say go for it.

I put some 10s in the hatch of my dad's old 1st gen explorer. It wore the struts out quickly, but they were out of the way of everything and it was surprisingly spacious.

Wonder if there is a Q-forms for that space. That way no need to glass.

I put some 10s in the hatch of my dad's old 1st gen explorer. It wore the struts out quickly, but they were out of the way of everything and it was surprisingly spacious.

I'd thought about that w/ my old X but the wearing out would be annoying. Those need to work when carrying child + gear.

Wonder if there is a Q-forms for that space. That way no need to glass.

I doubt it, too late model. Might be worth a look.

I remember that site!!!!!

And I like the back corner idea for a sub............would be sharp as hell, and the wife may even be happy with it