Bali

Big 3 :: How many amps will i have now?

I just ordered 3 knu fleks 4g power wires for the big 3 upgrade, one thing, it doesn't say how long the wire is which is kind of annoying but anyway:

My battery is a superstart 550, don't know if that means 550 amps or not but i doubt it.

Alt is just stock, i drive an 01 sonata gls, so im guessing its probably like 90 amp alt.

Im running 1/0 knu klm for power and grounds to my fi bl 15 (09 version) off of 1 ohm, and i doubt im getting near even 1000w, and prolyl mad voltage drop too.

My question is, about how many amps will my electrical be putting out after the big three upgrade? Will it be enough to get 1000w+ out of my shit?

Thanks.

There is no telling how many amps your electrical system will "put out". You will not be able to pull more current from the alternator.

You probably have a run of 1/0 to your amplifier, not your subwoofer, to be more precise.

That electrical system seems ok to support a 1000w amplifier.

Not sure how you can get 1000w out of shit. Shit only stinks....

There is no telling how many amps your electrical system will "put out". You will not be able to pull more current from the alternator.

You probably have a run of 1/0 to your amplifier, not your subwoofer, to be more precise.

That electrical system seems ok to support a 1000w amplifier.

well obviously my amp yah lol

I must have been tired or something

I just ordered 3 knu fleks 4g power wires for the big 3 upgrade, one thing, it doesn't say how long the wire is which is kind of annoying but anyway:

Did you put in 3 in the quantity? If you did then you just ordered 3ft of it lol.

Upgrading wires does not increase power capability of the charging system. It merely prevents loss from resistance from the wire.

Did you put in 3 in the quantity? If you did then you just ordered 3ft of it lol.

what? so they gave me 1 3 foot wire?

quantity usually means the number of items.

...and when shopping for cable vendors typically use feet as the quantity, so yes you bought 3ft of power cable. :Doh:

what? so they gave me 1 3 foot wire?

quantity usually means the number of items.

Hahahahahaha.

You might want to call them. What did you expect? Like 20 feet for 3 bucks?

Hmm, 3,412 BTU/Hour is equal to 1,000 watts of power. So if one was to dry the shit out, and burn it... :ehh:

Hmm, 3,412 BTU/Hour is equal to 1,000 watts of power. So if one was to dry the shit out, and burn it... :ehh:

^_^:+1:

i caught some bad mexican food one day and took a shit as loud as an 800 watt system. i think 1000w is possible from a shit as soon as i find the tuning frequency of my toilet.

back on topic, if you are running 1/0 to your amp, then shouldnt you run 1/0 for the big 3? seeing how youre gonna have to order more than 3 feet of wire anyhow.

you guys are hilarious i guess...

but yah i got 24' of 2g welding wire for 4.25, suck on it.

95 amp alt on either engine, but they are different alts.

Wow, that is cheap.

No doubt. I would be afraid it isn't copper at that price.

Can I ask you where you acquired such a deal??

I'm skeptical. Do you mean $4.25/foot?

I'm skeptical. Do you mean $4.25/foot?

x2? :ehh:

Ok the big 3 will not "Push" power but you amp will "draw or pull" power from you batt.... All you are doing in lowering the resistance or making it easier for you amp to obtain that power from the source. Your amp will put out 1kw only as long as it has the resources to do so... If you are looking to make 1kw for extended amounts of time then you will need an alt that can provide 105% of the total current draw of your amp and vehicle needs. Then you will be able to produce your peak power anytime on demand. You MAY notice some audible difference with short bumps over stock but for test tones you're going to need an alt and batts (just the short of it we could go on for hours on quark theory's and molecular electron transfer..... but yeah

I am sure he meant $4.25/ft of course with this guy, he just might not know it yet ;)

Don't expect much of a difference... I did the "big three" with 2/0 and have 4/0 running to my battery bankl which is all connected with 2/0 and has 2/0 going to the amp... didn't notice much, added a 300A O.G. alt. and a pair of BatCap 2k's and i still have a lot of dimming... Of course I am running about 4kw RMS so.... anyways, 4ga is a little on the small side IMO, go big or go home