CadillacMatt

My weight training progress so far

Hey all, I started off back in February about 173lbs, a little beer gut and not a bit of muscle on my body... a friend from work is training me and got me involved in weight training. It's been three months, training 4x a week and completely changing my eating habits I've lost about 15lbs of pure fat, but my main goal is to gain a lot of lean muscle mass. I haven't been doing much cardio or abs so I need to pick up on those two things... tell me what you think of my progress so far

2/23/09, First week in the gym 173lbs

3245602orig.jpg

5/9/09, 160lbs

1iuh3Glcd06IdidD9SUqG2FwEhy5Pk0413.jpeg

lol matt your always posying pics of your self in the potty!!

good deal man keep it up what kinda shit are yall doing?

Gotta shave that path mang, do the girls you date a favor and shave the path.

nice matt 15lbs off fat is nice i wish i could get mine off :glare: but muscle doesnt grow in 2 or 3 months it takes time

but what you should start doing well building is your shoulders, triceps,chest and traps. dont force your self on getting big biceps that

wont help on getting big guns lol but do work them out.

any tips of what you change on your eating habits

i need to my love handles to go away :angry2:

nice matt 15lbs off fat is nice i wish i could get mine off :glare: but muscle doesnt grow in 2 or 3 months it takes time

but what you should start doing well building is your shoulders, triceps,chest and traps. dont force your self on getting big biceps that

You're right. For big arms, the last thing you want to really focus on is big biceps. The triceps make up 2/3 of the upper arm, and you need a good shoulder to make it look right. Cutting out soda and sweets coupled with cardio is what's going to melt the fat away.

You're right. For big arms, the last thing you want to really focus on is big biceps. The triceps make up 2/3 of the upper arm, and you need a good shoulder to make it look right. Cutting out soda and sweets coupled with cardio is what's going to melt the fat away.

I know a kid that works on Triceps and Biceps and Chest and nothing else, Yes his arms are huge as hell but his figure looks soooo weird since he has no shoulders at all and his back is hunched since he has no muscle back there.

well the soda part im done with it now most likely i need to get off from mcdonalds and tacobell lol and start running

GO MATT GO :lifter:

lol matt your always posying pics of your self in the potty!!

good deal man keep it up what kinda shit are yall doing?

Mainly hitting the break and butter excercises like Bench, Military Press, Pulley Rows etc with dumbbells thrown in for good measure

Monday is Chest

Tuesday is Shoulders/Traps

Wednesday is Back/Biceps

Thursday is Chest again

Saturday is going to be my new shoulder or back with some legs day, but I haven't been too many Saturdays lol

Gotta shave that path mang, do the girls you date a favor and shave the path.

LOL!!

Thanks man. Pretty much in the very beginning, I cut out things like sodas, candy, breakfast tacos, white bread, fast food, excessive sugar/fat, and focused on eating mainly complex carbs like whole wheats and rice, plenty of protein (supplimenting with Whey right now), and high quality protein sources like chicken and fish and turkey. Just the diet and weight training helped me lose some fat but I need to still hit the cardio ...

I was just tired of being skinny, shapeless, and having a beer gut all at the same time lol!!

Yeah I think a lot of people fail to realize that, there are three heads to the triceps and only two on the biceps

I know a kid that works on Triceps and Biceps and Chest and nothing else, Yes his arms are huge as hell but his figure looks soooo weird since he has no shoulders at all and his back is hunched since he has no muscle back there.

I saw a guy a few months ago whom I hadn't seen in years... his chest was SO friggin HUGE but the rest of his body was pretty much average, like he worked on nothing but chest for two years straight... it seriously looked like he was wearing some sort of body suit under his shirt... either that or he got a boob job lol

Thanks for the support guys... I kinda slacked off this weekend, didn't go today like I should have but I still ate fairly well so I don't feel so bad

Edited by CadillacMatt

try mma, fighting works muscles you never knew you had. kinda hard to work your deltoids the same way with weights as you can with punching. plus moving your body weight will make you more athletic all around. just my .02 since it has sure worked for me :)

You should incorporate legs into your workout. This is essential if you want to look proportionate as well as increase your upperbody strength believe it or not. If you just want to look good and get cut up may i suggest buying The Encyclopedia of Modern Body Building by Arnold Schwartzenager. This book gives you virtually every exercise in the world and also gives you beginner, advanced, and expert training routines. It tells you how to eat and what to eat. The best book out there if you want to get informed. There are some drawbacks to the book since there are about 150 pages of bodybuilders in speedos lmao!

You should incorporate legs into your workout. This is essential if you want to look proportionate as well as increase your upperbody strength believe it or not. If you just want to look good and get cut up may i suggest buying The Encyclopedia of Modern Body Building by Arnold Schwartzenager. This book gives you virtually every exercise in the world and also gives you beginner, advanced, and expert training routines. It tells you how to eat and what to eat. The best book out there if you want to get informed. There are some drawbacks to the book since there are about 150 pages of bodybuilders in speedos lmao!

Very good book. Too expensive for me so I sat and read in the bookstore.lol. Arnold my or may not be a good gov but he knows how to work out properly and get the most gains possible from the least time in the gym. If you are looking for physique and not functional strentgh like in sports then this book is for you. For physique I will always take the advice of a 3 (or 4 I cant remember) time Mr. Olympia. And yes the gazillion speedo pics suck but kinda hard to show def in the legs in boardshorts!haha.

Very good book. Too expensive for me so I sat and read in the bookstore.lol. Arnold my or may not be a good gov but he knows how to work out properly and get the most gains possible from the least time in the gym. If you are looking for physique and not functional strentgh like in sports then this book is for you. For physique I will always take the advice of a 3 (or 4 I cant remember) time Mr. Olympia. And yes the gazillion speedo pics suck but kinda hard to show def in the legs in boardshorts!haha.

Why not buy it online? It only costed me 14 new.

I hope Arnold remembered to include the use of steroid to the workout plan!

Why not buy it online? It only costed me 14 new.

That was a very long time ago and it was borders so go figure.

Yes Arnold did roids. Just like every other bodybuilder does competing for Mr. Olympia. You can't get that big without em. There is a lot of people that use roids and will never come close to looking like Arnold. It's the workout that still matters most.

Yes Arnold did roids. Just like every other bodybuilder does competing for Mr. Olympia. You can't get that big without em. There is a lot of people that use roids and will never come close to looking like Arnold. It's the workout that still matters most.

Updates?