Sign in to follow this  
str8tchillin69

Lvl5 18 vs BTL 18

Hey guys i just started looking at DC today and i rele like what i see about them so far. I just wanna know how they compare with the BTLs? It would be (4) 18s walled with (4) saz-3500 on them in a 03 Yukon Denali. I want it for a daily ground pounder... Witch one will be better for what i want to do?

Thanks

Shane

Take your pick, I've owned the BTL and it's a monster. The lvl 5 seems to be a monster too, both are around the same power handling I believe. I'd go with the lvl 5's just because you can get the custom dust cap graphics or whatever you want on them. Also, not trying to be an ass, but if your asking this question I don't really think you need a wall lol.

uh again with the 4 18 inch btls.

how much do you have to drop for everything?

Why four? I have a tahoe and i have 2 level 4xl 18s and im expecting it to be loud.

I didn't want a wall though....

My limit for everything is 35,000... I want more then a groundpounder... I want it to be heard from more then a couple blocks...I figure since I have the money I wanna go big or go home...my limit is 35k but can stretch to 50k if I had to

My limit for everything is 35,000... I want more then a groundpounder... I want it to be heard from more then a couple blocks...I figure since I have the money I wanna go big or go home...my limit is 35k but can stretch to 50k if I had to

really? or are you just blowing smoke? If your not what do you do for a living? :ehh: because I gotta do it

Yes I'm being for real... I own my own business.. Its kinda like netflix but with books.. Its a online book rental...

Ps... I'm not going to go around blasting it... Its just for me and to be one of the only ones in charlotte that blows ppls minds at car shows

Edited by str8tchillin69

Please budget a good amount of money for sound deadening to keep that sound inside the vehicle.

Please budget a good amount of money for sound deadening to keep that sound inside the vehicle.

Already counted that in...do you recommend one over the other?

Sounddeadenershowdown.com or Secondskinaudio.

Cool thanks... Was pricing it out using dynamat..

Don't do that. Use Second Skin Audio. It's the best, plain and simple. And quite frankly, with your budget, I'd only do the best!

Are you sure you want a wall too? I'm not going to persuade you one way or another, just want to make sure it's REALLY what you want.

its really not about the subs at this point imo, 4 18's on 14k is gonna slam regardless. you need tou start building, youre gonna need like 8 batteries or so. take youre seats out and put a few hundred ft^2 of dampener. hundred foot or so of 0ga throughout. lots of wood 20ft^3+ ox with lots of bracing, fiber glass, bondo. and them youre gonna need a front stage to keep up so fit as many componet sets in each door as you can, amps for those. so imho 35k could deffinatly do it or it can go real fast to. so get every thing built and then buy the subs that fit into youre pockets then

Also, not trying to be an ass, but if your asking this question I don't really think you need a wall lol.

even saying not trying to be an ass, your still an ass for saying this. just becuase someone doesn't have knowledge of how a specific subwoofer performs or how loud it will get compared to another does not mean thay don't have the knowledge and craftsmanship to build/design a good walled in enclosure. i think you jumped the gun on this guy :/

If I don't do a wall ill prob do a box with subs up port back...watcha think... As far as front stages I have a pillars and kick panels bein made and and a bunch of 6 1/2s .... Was thinking about adding two tens or eights for mid bass. And my installer isn't available till middle of next month

Don't do that. Use Second Skin Audio. It's the best, plain and simple. And quite frankly, with your budget, I'd only do the best!

Are you sure you want a wall too? I'm not going to persuade you one way or another, just want to make sure it's REALLY what you want.

x1000 use second skin

$34,000 is a lot of money for just car audio equipment -.-

I dont think he'l be spending that much

I will sell you everything out of my van and install it in your ride for 1/2 that :D

I will sell you everything out of my van and install it in your ride for 1/2 that :D

Now thats a deal :fing34:

well im glad to see a good budget...

i would really ask you to look into sundown... they have a new sub in the works and it seems like it may be right where you wanna be....

what state are you joining us from?

:faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud:

:faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud:

and also.. i think BLOWING peoples minds.. comes more with doing BIG things with little equitment.

somthing that team sundown has been great at...

and i know ole boy was not trying to be rude ... you have to understand that SOOO many people come here and say thay want 4 18 inch subs and 35 jigga watts in thair miata.. and they have 700 bucks to spend... tell me what subs i should get......

and to be honest it has ALOT more to do then just what subs are slapped in some spare wood left around the house.... so all to offten it starts with the basics....

i think what we was saying is that SSA is a sea of info... you just have to serch or look in past topics and get a cornor stone for what your looking for... and then seek more.

Well said Jon :clap: