justin smith

got my battery now what

well i got my battery to day in pristine condition, but im stumped on how to charge it for the first time. the paper work says stuff about dont let the charging go over 14.4 volts. i dont have a battery charger so i was wondering if any ther xs power owners could help me out or if scottie can chime in thanks

I picked up a Schumacher SSC-1500A. You can get it for around $70 at Checker/Kragen.

It has a setting for AGM batteries (which is what you want).

DO NOT use a regular wet cell charger on it.

wow.. i guess i will just buy a used batt.. i didnt know you had to charge a new battery

wow.. i guess i will just buy a used batt.. i didnt know you had to charge a new battery

lol

thanks johnecon so the ssc-1500a is where its at

I'm sure there are other AGM chargers out there for less, but this was the cheapest Checker had at the time and I needed to charge my batt.

No complaints though, it even has a little fan on it to keep it cool

XS Power batteries are shipped fully charged from our warehouse. However, there is no way for us to know how long they will be in the dealers hands. Therefore, we put a recommendation in the box that says to make sure the battery is fully charged before its initial use. This ensures that the customer gets the performance they expect right out of the box. 9 times out of 10 there is no need to charge a brand new battery ;)

XS Power batteries are shipped fully charged from our warehouse. However, there is no way for us to know how long they will be in the dealers hands. Therefore, we put a recommendation in the box that says to make sure the battery is fully charged before its initial use. This ensures that the customer gets the performance they expect right out of the box. 9 times out of 10 there is no need to charge a brand new battery ;)

True

when i recieved mine, i put a voltmeter on it, and it read 12.9

so i figured i could put my charger on it on a 2A rickle charge.

5 minutes later it was reading 14.9

it was already funny charged. :)