zerosktr111

Need Help on Sub choice.

I just recently bought a Sundown Audio SAE-1200D, and I was going to buy a pair of JL 12w3v3-2 subwoofers and wire them in parallel to get an impedance of 1 Ohm. Now I have heard that the SAE-1200D is underrated and I was wondering what SVC 2 Ohm subwoofer could handle the full power of the amp. The main prolem of this whole thing is that I already paid the money for the box and if possible, I would like to use it. The box is a dual 12 inch ported enclosure with a shared chamber and one terminal cup for each subwoofer (If that even matters). Im also not looking to pay over 300 dollars for the pair of subs. (Which shouldn't be hard becuase the 12w3s that I was going to buy were 300 and we all know that JL audio is WAY overpriced.)

whats the rms of the amp?

The Rated RMS of the amp is 1200 watts @ 12.8 Volts @ 1 Ohm. Also, many people I know claim that this amp is SEVERELY underrated and is capable of producing 1300+ watts RMS.

well you can still use those subs, and use a DMM to gain down the amp, so you are only using the power you need, and that way the amp doesnt have to work as hard

Edited by tattooedkaos

Yea I know that I could do that but I really want to run the full power of that beast of an amp I have. Any other suggestions though?

dcon?

I think on the spec sheet the dcons were 300w rms and at 4 Ohms. I mean since they are sold on the SSA website they are underrated but the thing that turns me away from them it is the impedance. I would like to have the 2 subs that I am going to get wired at 1 ohm so I can get the max power out of my amp.

We NEED box specs...

I just recently bought a Sundown Audio SAE-1200D, and I was going to buy a pair of JL 12w3v3-2 subwoofers and wire them in parallel to get an impedance of 1 Ohm. Now I have heard that the SAE-1200D is underrated and I was wondering what SVC 2 Ohm subwoofer could handle the full power of the amp. The main prolem of this whole thing is that I already paid the money for the box and if possible, I would like to use it. The box is a dual 12 inch ported enclosure with a shared chamber and one terminal cup for each subwoofer (If that even matters). Im also not looking to pay over 300 dollars for the pair of subs. (Which shouldn't be hard becuase the 12w3s that I was going to buy were 300 and we all know that JL audio is WAY overpriced.)

what is the cu.ft. of the box?

I think on the spec sheet the dcons were 300w rms and at 4 Ohms. I mean since they are sold on the SSA website they are underrated but the thing that turns me away from them it is the impedance. I would like to have the 2 subs that I am going to get wired at 1 ohm so I can get the max power out of my amp.

you can wire 2 dcons to a 1 ohm load.

both subs are dual 4 ohms and if you wire the subs in parallel you get a 1 ohm load perfect for your amp. :)