when you set your gain with a dmm it says take the amps rms and multiply it by the impedance of the sub.

so say you have a 2 ohm dvc sub and you wire it down to a 1 ohm load.

do you take 1 ohm or 2 ohms and multiply it by your amps rms then sqrt it?

it would be the impedance the amplifier would see. So i your case it would be 1 ohm

Make sure that all your other settings are as you will use them, you cannot add any boost anywhere once the gain is set if you are going the route of the DMM. Also, do make sure that the amps that you have will actually do power before using a DMM, if they won't you will be setting your gain well into the distortion range which is why it is really recommended to either use a trained ear or an oscilloscope.

Make sure that all your other settings are as you will use them, you cannot add any boost anywhere once the gain is set if you are going the route of the DMM. Also, do make sure that the amps that you have will actually do power before using a DMM, if they won't you will be setting your gain well into the distortion range which is why it is really recommended to either use a trained ear or an oscilloscope.

yea thanks.

i knew all that i just didnt know if you should use the impedance of the sub before or after you wire it to 1 ohm.

Easy to remember, just make sure to do it based on the load that the amp will see. In your case that is 1 ohm.