Sign in to follow this  
Untouchable11

Maybe you guys can help me?

Ok, I've decided that I want to go with a set of Rl-p's. Either way I go, I have enough room for the recommended enclosure sizes. They will be powered by an eD Nine.1. The problem is, do I go with 15's or 12's? I listen to mainly rap, and I want it to wang hard. However, I do listen to classic rock from time to time. Maybe you guys can help me decide on 12's or 15's?

Thanks,

Ry

how much DO you have? if u have enough room, port them...they will sound good either the 12 or the 15...

u can't go wrong...the sq is be nearly just as good and i'm sure most people won't even be able to tell the difference...

the 15's will also get louder...

if u got the $ and got the room...a pair of 15's ported will blow u away..my single 15 is enough for me...i got it in a 3.0 cube tuned to 32...very nice!!! daym loud...and sq is very clean and under controlled...

I want it to knock people's socks off ;)

15"s ported.

x15 ;)

dual 15s will do it, Kent and Mike can help you with the design of the box too

Sweet, 15's it is then, but first I gotta order my amps....Mmmmmmmm eD Nine.1 and Nine.2 :finger:

Then I will port them at say 30 Hz...

your setup sounds very similar to mine.

ed nine.1

ed ine.2 (soon to come)

rl-p 15

Only yours will be better :(

Just wait tiill the lmt comes out. Then I'll have you, almost :P

BTW, mines tuned to 28 hz. sounds awesome with all music and still gets f*ckin loud.

untouchable... how big can you go box size wise?

Mike... how big could he take it if he wanted to say tune to 25hz or something very low

Mike... how big could he take it if he wanted to say tune to 25hz  or something very low

Hrmm.. probably the largest I'd go is 4.25 cu ft tuned to 24 Hz... mind you I wouldn't use this in a car, since you could get away with a smaller, slightly higher tuned box and still get just as good frequency response thanks to the effects of cabin gain.

A 4.25 cu ft net volume box, tuned to 24 Hz would be a very nice enclosure for the RL-p15 in the home theater environment though thumbup.gif

rlp-15-greenline425t24.gif

Mike... how big could he take it if he wanted to say tune to 25hz  or something very low

Actually, I just sold my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix... That thing had a huge trunk, however, the opening didn't allow for a big box... I am looking at a 98-02 Honda Accord 2 Dr, and for a compact, I think that they have a relatively large trunk....

I emailed Mike and my current plan is to have about 3-3.25 cubes net per driver tuned to 30 Hz with ~ 35 sq inches of port... Powered by a nine.1... I have BBP6, however, it is more of a pain in the ass than anything else....

I may try to figure out how to use it....

Actually, I just sold my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix... That thing had a huge trunk, however, the opening didn't allow for a big box... I am looking at a 98-02 Honda Accord 2 Dr, and for a compact, I think that they have a relatively large trunk....

I emailed Mike and my current plan is to have about 3-3.25 cubes net per driver tuned to 30 Hz with ~ 35 sq inches of port... Powered by a nine.1... I have BBP6, however, it is more of a pain in the ass than anything else....

I may try to figure out how to use it....

My friend has a 98 accord coupe, Its trunk is ok sized. I believe he fit a 4.0 cube ported XXX in there(barely) It's not very deep so i'm not sure if you could fit a 6 cube box unless u built it from inside the trunk.