LuvfiAudio

New box to tune for More spl then Sq

OK well i had this box i made in my single cab pick up for my single cab pickup and well atm its tuned pretty low....i hit lows real badass...but the highs suck. SOOooo i am going to go ahead and make a new box that will be tuned differntly. What do you all prefer i mean i want loud bass that can be felt and heard. THe lows can be felt nicely and i can do small window shakes but i was told if i tune the box higher it would hit harder but of course lose sq.... I was thinking of tuning my box to 36. The subs btw are 2 Fi Bl 12'. Well the question i am really asking i guess is what would i achieve if i tune the box low(30) compared to high(37)

My videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/0mer09

btw canhow can i get the stickers for my sub of fi...one of them came off so i took the other one off so it match..but i want the fi stick on the dustcap like it usto to have...

What do you all prefer i mean i want loud bass that can be felt and heard.

Not cool to want to have others hear your bass. It should be for you and you only.

i would try tuning 40 hz, your score will probably increase and my box tuned to 42 still gets plenty loud and puts up a nice score.

If your roof warped while you drove, cuz of the subs.. that would get you noticed. Not sure how many watts of power that takes though.

For daily use I wouldnt go above 35-36 since some songs are gonna have lows that you wont safely be able to hit without mechanical risk unless you have your SSF set high enough, then those songs dont sound good at all anymore.

Thats just me though

it actually depends on the driver.

Drivers with large Xmech values can be tuned higher than others because they have excursion capability of playing below tuning before completely bottoming out.

I can't say this and that driver can do it, it's pretty much trial and error per install.

My last setup with 2 AQ HDC3 12s was tuned to 38hz but the SSF was set to 24hz so i could receive maximum movement out of these subs.

Not cool to want to have others hear your bass. It should be for you and you only.

He didn't even say he wanted others to hear... hop off.

He didn't even say he wanted others to hear... hop off.

"What do you all prefer i mean i want loud bass that can be felt and heard."

I would assume he would hear it himself, so most likely he wanted others to hear it too. Based on the statement he said.

Edited by patented17

I think its just kind of ridiculous, our vehicles can be heard blocks away, they make noise, all systems. I think he just wants something more SPL orientated.

I think its just kind of ridiculous, our vehicles can be heard blocks away, they make noise, all systems. I think he just wants something more SPL orientated.

Not if they are installed correctly. Cut your attitude out right now, being a social menace isn't allowed. I've already warned you about this once, count this as twice, next time you'll get a vacation. Promoting the need/desire for a system that can be "heard" by others is not acceptable here. The OP doesn't know, but you should.

Not once on this forum have I promoted what you speak of. You can look back and quote my words, you misinterpret a lot of shit.

Not if they are installed correctly
Great installs and Dynamat , doesn't always work. Edited by theKeety

Not if they are installed correctly. Cut your attitude out right now, being a social menace isn't allowed. I've already warned you about this once, count this as twice, next time you'll get a vacation. Promoting the need/desire for a system that can be "heard" by others is not acceptable here. The OP doesn't know, but you should.

you did jump on him I took it as he wanted to feel and hear his system close to the same level of each he never said he wanted other people to hear it

Not once on this forum have I promoted what you speak of. You can look back and quote my words, you misinterpret a lot of shit.
Not if they are installed correctly
Great installs and Dynamat , doesn't always work.

Then roll your freakin' windows up.

Yea i never mentioned i wanted anyone to hear me from far away cause thats only obvious they will. And if i were to roll the windows up the pressure obviously decreases in side of it( well at least for my single cab pickup) I was thinking of tuning my box to 33-35. The drivers are 2 12 fi bl. So 35 would be a good level right for higher pressure?

ANYWAYS I GOT ANOTHER QUESTION

ok i have 2 subwoofers currently in my single cab pickup in my single cab. Ok and i want to get 1 more 12 but i wanted to to put it in the front of the box since thats the only spot where their is a spot but how would that affect the other subwoofers. since they are all in the same enclosure and well the 2 are facing up towards the ceiling and the third one will be facing the dash window. the box has a high 4 cuft box space not including the port. So at the moment both speakers have around 2.4. So if i put a third each one will have around 1.7 which is still in good standing.

I Think You're On A Serious Power Trip, Nowhere In That Statement Did I See Promotion Of Social Mischief Or Disturbance. He Was Just Stating A Known Fact And His Opinion To What The OP Wants.

I Think You're On A Serious Power Trip, Nowhere In That Statement Did I See Promotion Of Social Mischief Or Disturbance. He Was Just Stating A Known Fact And His Opinion To What The OP Wants.

And promoting being "heard blocks away" is not acceptable on this forum. No power trip just sick of people who don't respect the site enough to spend time to formulate good threads and follow general guidelines that are setup.