Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

New SI 12 has left for demoing

Denim is first on the list and the 12 is currently en-route to him. Denim, let us all know what you think of it when you get a chance to listen to it. :)

Now, you know he's gonna disappear as soon as it arrives. Perhaps hand it around for a new MOMENTUM review?

I'd like to request one of the people demoing the sub to hook it up in a small sealed box and give a review. I'm stuck between the rl-p 12", avalanche 12", and the SI 12".

Always nice to see a company do something like this :)

Enjoy it Aaron, and the rest of you guys on the list. :)

i'm third, i believe...

for the 12 or 15..possibly the 15..

but anyway, i can't wait..

and joe, if i get the 12, it's going in 1.25ft^3 sealed right off the bat, adn i'll give ya the head to head with the rl-p

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm third, i believe...

for the 12 or 15..possibly the 15..

but anyway, i can't wait..

and joe, if i get the 12, it's going in 1.25ft^3 sealed right off the bat, adn i'll give ya the head to head with the rl-p

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My box is even smaller and custom built which is my problem. It's .9ft gross but any review you can give me will help a ton.

WOW, I thought I was farther down the list, but I just got Nick's emails saying you have a new subbie comeing, and I was like holy crap!!!!! :dancingsmilie:

anyway, to save me some time and a little frustration, could someone hook me up with the optimal sealed dimensons CUTSHEET please? I was going to take the risk and put this proto on my Orion 2500D, but I do not want to take any chances with someone elses equipment, :fam25:

so it will see testing time with about 490ish watts off a Cadence Z800 (ratted 450 but speced closer to 500)

that way I can just run to da Depot and cut up some stuff asap, because I don't want to keep anyone else waiting, and it will have to be tested in the Explorer due to the sled not being finished enough to have testing in it,

and yes I will take pictures, thank you Nick !!

Denim, I'd like to see you put the 2500 on it at first. Of course don't crank it full tilt or anything, but send it some juice. The cool about having two amps is you can hear the performance differences of the sub with different amounts of power.

You could make a sealed box about 1.3 cubes and then nail down 2x4's after you've done the listening in the 1.3 box and make it close to a cube or less for those wanting to know how it performs in a shoebox-sized ;) sealed enclosure.

Denim,  I'd like to see you put the 2500 on it at first.  Of course don't crank it full tilt or anything, but send it some juice.  The cool about having two amps is you can hear the performance differences of the sub with different amounts of power. 

You could make a sealed box about 1.3 cubes and then nail down 2x4's after you've done the listening in the 1.3 box and make it close to a cube or less for those wanting to know how it performs in a shoebox-sized ;) sealed enclosure.

Its a little bigger than a shoebox, lol. But if you could get it around .9-1ft i would owe you big time.

I have to install the 8053 first, my Alpine is sending out a crappy signal, hence the death of my first H2....

which reminds me I need to order my BLA

Its a little bigger than a shoebox, lol. But if you could get it around .9-1ft i would owe you big time.

Could always go with an Aperiodic setup...that's about as "shoebox" sized you're going to get... :D

Can't wait to get the 15 demoing! that sucker should be sweeeeeet.

so can some hook a brother up with an exact cut sheet (sorry being lazy, and I can't install BBP or Leap at my work machine where I spend most of my time now)

sealed 1.5 and maybe ported 2.0 if I have time, if ported maybe to competition size specs ;), if not a very low tuning please

not to mention, what is the cut out of the new driver???

all that info would be kick ass.

well I have an empty 1.5 cu.ft sealed enclosure I just built for my claw 12". Guess you'll just have to send me the sub to test. Send it 1100 watts from my memphis amp. I'll let you know how it sounds though. hahaha, and my head unit works great also so no problem there...

Man I sound like a great candidate to receive a demo sub....

so can some hook a brother up with an exact cut sheet (sorry being lazy, and I can't install BBP or Leap at my work machine where I spend most of my time now)

sealed 1.5 and maybe ported 2.0 if I have time, if ported maybe to competition size specs ;), if not a very low tuning please

Denim, give me your max workable dims and I'll get something to you by morning.

Funny thing is, I just burned all my test enclosures about a month ago. Oh well.

Funny thing is, I just burned all my test enclosures about a month ago. Oh well.

testing being done in the explorer so space is not an issue, so I think I will stick with the 1.5 sealed anyway and 2.0 ported maybe

testing being done in the explorer so space is not an issue, so I think I will stick with the 1.5 sealed anyway and 2.0 ported maybe

Please throw a couple 2x4's in ther to knock it down to a cube when you get done testing the 1.5ft. I already have my box built and upholstered so i need HELP!!!

Please throw a couple 2x4's in ther to knock it down to a cube when you get done testing the 1.5ft. I already have my box built and upholstered so i need HELP!!!

:D