Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

New SI 12 has left for demoing

Yep, you're in the rotation Noah. You're right after Denim and then it goes to Jordan94z after you.

The 15" is Cory, Bob, and then Kent.

hey Jordan94z let me know when you get the sub, I'd like to come over and hear it

Denim, the sub is at your house! :) I just tracked it online. Soooo, when he replies he will have the sub. 'just letting everyone know. :D

1.5 sealed.

15sealed3cq.png

That's all I can do for now. Computer is not cooperating with me today. And I'm too lazy to do the math in my head.

Denim, the sub is at your house!  :)  I just tracked it online.  Soooo, when he replies he will have the sub.  'just letting everyone know.  :D

the sub is actually at my mothers house, because it is safer there, thats where I send all my shipped things,

I just dont trust haveing something of value, (such as a prototype that other people are waiting on) dropped off in my apartment building, I live in a great complex, but I don't trust anyone, so I will have to make a run out to the house tonight or tomorrow to go get the sub, even though I would build the box there too,

oh yeah nick what is the exact cut out for the prototype?

Aaron, it should be 11" standard. Same basket as the previous version.

Aaron, it should be 11" standard.  Same basket as the previous version.

:gift::wub:

aaron...~2ft^3 vented, tuned to ~34hz with 29in^2 of port..

1 top, 1 bottom...20"x20"

1 front, 1 back.....14.5"x 18.5"

2 sides...14,5"x20"

overall outside dimensions...16tx20wx20d

port is 14.5"Tx2"Wx28-3/8"L (as figured by carstereo.com port calculator)

~2ft^3 tuned to ~28hz with 29in^2 of port...

1T, 1B...21.25"x21"

1F,1B.....14.5"x19.5"

2 sides....14.5"x21.25"

port is 14.5"t 2"w x 44.5"l (again..same port calculator, though it came to 44.4)

both using 3/4" mdf....

hope that helps..and that's figuring the si d2 12 displaces about .18ft^3

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Displacement should be about .07 cubes for the 12, .10-.11 for the 15.

thanks ryan and kent

ur welcome aaron..

and if the displacment is .07ft^3, then those figures above are a bit big, so tuning will be lower..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

its here, and it is beautiful,

the build quality is very good, tiny bit of glue over squeeze on the spider, but nothing to worry about, the end cap is very pretty, and the weight is more than I expected,

this has got to be the most solid and heavy 12 I have ever played with, don't worry I already started to take pictures, I am just not at my personal machine to upload them right now, I hope to build some tonight,

little pissed because Home Depot stop carring the mid size sheets of MDF, it was either the 49x97" sheet (which is too wide to fit in my truck, and fittingly their in store saw was broken) or the 24x48" sheets, so I had to spend more on the smaller sheets :(

I hope I have enough to build both the sealed and ported boxes, I smell an article out of this if I play it right ;)

Cool! 'glad to see that you have it in your hands finally. :)

If you build either of the vented enclosures that Kent posted up (thanks for posting those Kent), build the lower tuned enclosure. ...if not for me, do it for the starving children throughout the world!

Cool!  'glad to see that you have it in your hands finally.  :) 

If you build either of the vented enclosures that Kent posted up (thanks for posting those Kent), build the lower tuned enclosure.  ...if not for me, do it for the starving children throughout the world!

update, I thought I bought enough wood for both the 1.5 sealed and 2 ported, but I grabbed 5 sheets thinking I had 6, anyway the lower tuned (between 26 and 28hz) box is in clamps and the glue is drying, it awaits the port and screws, the D2 fits in the cut out we made with a makeshift circle cutter like a glove,

I might do some bracing if I feel it is needed, but I could have enough scrap left over to build a 1.0 cube sealed box :coffee:

Denim, simply seal that vent up and add some wood to take up the space. Voila! You have your sealed enclosure and the ability to tune it to whatever volume you desire without wasting any precious MDF.

Cool!  'glad to see that you have it in your hands finally.  :) 

If you build either of the vented enclosures that Kent posted up (thanks for posting those Kent), build the lower tuned enclosure.  ...if not for me, do it for the starving children throughout the world!

ur welcome...

ya know, i really want to say something smartassy (how would u spell smartassy?) about the staving children...but i'm having a big brainfart :fart: ..damnit!! :dammit: it sucks when u wanna be funny but can't think of chit!!! :worthless:

oh well... :idiot:

and again..ur welcome nick...anytime!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

sucks when u wanna be funny but can't think of chit!!! :worthless:

Just post a self portrait buddy! ;):wub:

sucks when u wanna be funny but can't think of chit!!! :worthless:

Just post a self portrait buddy! ;):wub:

u ask...

post-12-1083706501.jpg

u recieve :ohsnap::faintthud::lol2::woot:

Yep, you're in the rotation Noah.  You're right after Denim and then it goes to Jordan94z after you. 

The 15" is Cory, Bob, and then Kent.

WOOOOOOOTTT!!!! Time to bust out the old magnum enclosure! (2.25 cubes NET @31hz w/ 30in^2 of port) If I have time, I might build an enclosure especially for it.

NG

YEAH I'M THIRD... STRAIGHT SWAP FOR THE CLAW.... in about a 3cuft enclosure @ 30hz or so...... with like 200 watts.....

If we like it enough can we just paypal you some money and keep it :P