Sign in to follow this  
pudgewack

RL-P vs 15a

I am currently running a eD 15a powered by a PG 1200.1 in a 1.5 ft^3 sealed box. I was wondering how the SQ of the RL-P compared to that of the 15a (both in the 15" version and in the recommend sealed box). I know that SQ varies from my ears to your ears, but I just wondering what people think that have listened to both. I enjoy the 15a but I think that I can get something better. I know that both subs share a similar motors, but the coils and suspension on the RL-P are an suposedly an improvement over the 15a. I do not want to spend my hard earned money on a sub that will not be that much of an improvement.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I'll just say that the RL-p is definitely built more solid than the 15A in terms of the abuse it can take. Sound quality.. well that's hard to say - I'm sure you'd be happy with it - but on the same token - you already have a fairly similar driver. I haven't even heard a 15A in about a year so I really don't have an opinion on its sound versus the RL-p.

Tough call.. and I'll leave it at that! :huh::P

well from my experience the two ED15a's that I have heard have since failed on different occasions, the other thing is CS, Nick and Mike give some of the best CS in teh industry hands down

Thanks for the replies. I have not had any problems w/ my 15a in the past year and a half, so I am not to worried about the relability (knock on wood). I think that I will just keep the 15a for my car since it will have similar SQ to RL-P. However, I am look for either a 12 or a 15 for HT/Home Stereo use....I will keep looking at the RL-P for that purpose.

Thanks for the help,

Matt