Lord Baccus

Smoking Problems @ work

I went to break this Morning @ 9am and there were 4 people (co-workers) in the Break room

Smoking

So I went somewhere else and called my supervisor and asked if there were somewhere I could take a break without having to breath the toxic exhaust from their Heroin Sticks ( cigarettes ) he said he

i smoking but i'm one of the few that will agree with us having todo so elsewhere just i choose to does not mean you have to suffer during your lunch. funny thing is my allergies act up when people smoke around me but not when i smoke.

i smoking but i'm one of the few that will agree with us having todo so elsewhere just i choose to does not mean you have to suffer during your lunch. funny thing is my allergies act up when people smoke around me but not when i smoke.

where i work they just walk up wile your eating and lite up...

i take it noone has ever spoke up to them, from the reaction i got today, they pretty much bully eeveryone cuss they know the formen smoke and wont say anything to them

:shrug:

A lil smoke won't kill you and you just got someone fired in these tough times.....

A lil smoke won't kill you and you just got someone fired in these tough times.....

I did not Cuss him - Nor did i threaten him till he got baligerent,

all i asked the boss was where could i eat & take breaks in safety, he got himself fired...

he made the choice to somke in a NON SMOKING AREA... i did not force him or them... seems the SAFETY man & Plant Owners agreed with me & OSHA...

i take it your one of the people that thinks it's OK for me to go home with smoke on my clothing and have my ASPHMATIC daughter have to go the the EMERGENCY ROOM ??? care to pay the ER bill for me ???

the guy got himself fired if he conducted himself in a more mature fashion after being spoken to he would still have a job.

a victory :+1:

the guy got himself fired if he conducted himself in a more mature fashion after being spoken to he would still have a job.

Well said :)

if times were that tough for him he wouldn't smoke when i don't have the money i go without to make sure bills are ppaid kids are fed.

sucks he lost his job, but if you cloud have seen them !!! they were like a pack of Rabbid-Doggs,

foaming @ the mouth about having to smoke in an approved area, away from people that wanna live a healthy life,

i asked 1 of em why dont yall smoke all 25 @ once and die faster ???

why pussyfoot around and die a lil @ a time just get it over with allready...

Im a smoker myself and i picked it up from you guess it construction. im not like that though if im asked not or to move away from people i do so gladly. i understand where your coming from man if i didn't smoke id hate it when i was eating or on break as well. Its a good thing you stuck up for yourself man and honestly i totally agree with the no smoking in restaurants and such i think its better for everyone.

wow sucks for the guy who got fired but he ask for it

As someone who is currently working on quitting smoking (5 cigs in the past week and all bummed) I can already see the difference and smell it too.

Hopefully I can keep away from it.

I agree in having smoking outside, but in a place away from the elements.

As for bars, and resturants..............resturants I see no need to smoke inside of..............bars, well tobacco and booze go hand and hand.........and I see why it works.

J

yo J, when you finally kick the habit you will suddenly realize just how gross cigs are. at one point in my life i was smoking over a pack of newports or marlboro reds a day. now, four years after quitting, the smell of cigarettes makes me feel sick.

lb: there is really nothing worse than people smoking cigs while you're trying to eat, i'm glad you stuck up for yourself against the majority.

yo J, when you finally kick the habit you will suddenly realize just how gross cigs are. at one point in my life i was smoking over a pack of newports or marlboro reds a day.

you think thats bad a one point i was a two and half packs a day lasted for 6 months now i'm down two a pack for like three to four days plus my girl smokes most of them so like 1 to 4 a a day dependiong on whats going on.

Im not a smoker but being around them dose not bother me in the least bit. if you dont like it perhaps you should concider moving somewhere that has a smoking ban

While deployed i was smoking 2-3 packs a day...............

I just seen what happened to my father and took it as a sign

A lil smoke won't kill you

Bull crap.

I grew up with smokers around me but after all these years I can't breathe in a room where people are smoking.

You know how nice it is to have to wait in a room with no ventilation and 6-7 smokers and the smoke chokes you ?

Or, even better, to be in a crowded bus and the bus driver starts smoking. Absolutely awesome feeling to be choked by the smoke.

Or to get out of class and into the lobby where you can cut the smoke with a knife. And even though smoking is fobidden the teachers smoke next to the 'No smoking' signs.

If there is one thing I can't stand it's smoking in public spaces. Smoke outside. Smoke in your house. I don't smoke and I don't want to breathe that smoke.

LB, props for standing up for yourself.

You know this? Why don't you cut yourself open and take a look at the tar that has deposited in your alveoli so they can't expand with oxygen resulting in hypoperfusion and poor cellular respiration, then you will see what smoking does to you.

You know this? Why don't you cut yourself open and take a look at the tar that has deposited in your alveoli so they can't expand with oxygen resulting in hypoperfusion and poor cellular respiration, then you will see what smoking does to you.

Duran you totally confused me man... no idea what all that stuff is but it makes me want to stop more than i already do.

Duran you totally confused me man... no idea what all that stuff is but it makes me want to stop more than i already do.

Haha, and to add to that.

Duran you look like a alveoli.

But to add to this, gj on standing up for yourself.

I HATE cigarette smoke, i dont see how people do it.

It smells like a big pile of burning rubber and other trash when someone fires one up.

Way to go LB. I am with you on the smoke somwhere else that is designated for smokers!

I did not Cuss him - Nor did i threaten him till he got baligerent,

all i asked the boss was where could i eat & take breaks in safety, he got himself fired...

he made the choice to somke in a NON SMOKING AREA... i did not force him or them... seems the SAFETY man & Plant Owners agreed with me & OSHA...

i take it your one of the people that thinks it's OK for me to go home with smoke on my clothing and have my ASPHMATIC daughter have to go the the EMERGENCY ROOM ??? care to pay the ER bill for me ???

You work for the Police, don't you?!!!

When you were in school, were you the one sitting in front of the teacher, always crying when the others were joking about you ???

Lol

You could have just talk longer to them, instead of calling the US army !!!

One people has been fired, and that SUCKS. You can't be pround of that.

You're looking for people to tell you that you did right? Not me!!!

From your posts, it seems that you didn't try hard to find another option. It's sad. I understand you don't like that, but if everybody smoke in the rest room(that's really bad), you should have discuss it with everyone in one of your weekly or monthly meetings before snitching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These smokers must know they were wrong, but it's difficult to change everyone habits in a second.

Talk, discuss, listen, but don't call the police first : these people are not gangsters, you work with them every day.

Your daughter will be sick with just some smoke on your clothes? My bad!!! You must be joking!

Just take a good shower when you come home, and put some clean clothes on, and even some perfume : you will be fine!

Bro :

this has been an ON-GOING BATTELL with them ( The Smokers ) for 7 months now...

did not happen overnight...

OSHA has rules in place FOR A REASON...

the PLANT I WORK @ HAS RULES IN PLACE for a REASON...

they knew not to be smoking in the warehouse / Break room...

He broke the RULES... he made the threats... He got Fired...

Im Extatic that the Mooron got canned...1 down 2000 to go. :bigclap:

NOT JOKING about my daughter...