Hell-Razor

18" BTL Response Time

I say 1 15" BTL. In a big box, with a lot of port. On let's say a Sundown SAZ-2000D.

GAH. You told me stay away from BTL's for my music style...

I say 1 15" BTL. In a big box, with a lot of port. On let's say a Sundown SAZ-2000D.

:suicide-santa: So many choices. lmao

Which is why I like dual 12" :)
Why dual 12's? I have asked this why question before and I dont think its going to stop anytime soon. Why 12"s vs 10"s? With my trunk space would you recommend 12"'s or 15"'s.

Hell lets just start a poll. If you were me and on my budget, what sub (Fi please..unless I could get a better bang for the buck) would you get and please explain why.

Budget - 2500$ (seems to be maximum now). This includes a deck for inside the car.

Trunk Space - 40 x 40 x 20 inches

Car - 2002 passat vw. ALL STOCK

almost got it there duran, 15" ssa xcon, large ported enclosure & saz2kd sounds like what he's looking for. gonna take quite a lot of front stage to keep up with that sub in a little car though :)

almost got it there duran, 15" ssa xcon, large ported enclosure & saz2kd sounds like what he's looking for. gonna take quite a lot of front stage to keep up with that sub in a little car though :)
The car is actually pretty big. And why the company and sub change to a ssa xcon...ug

Therr are many good sub companies out there man. Why are you so stuck on fi. You need to research some subs imo.

Check out ssa, sundown, dc, aa, mach 5, and incriminator. All good companies and you could end up saving some cash.

I don't know why I am stuck. I guess I just heard a lot that Fi is one of the best companies. And I know I need to do research. I want good power but I would prefer to not have to get another alternator. A battery is doable with a good system and a very good deck, but its still pushing my budget.

I kept on calling around for little garages that install systems like this. I have pretty much decided I am doing it myself. Its going to probably take a day or two to get it correct though...

Edited by Hell-Razor

Rob, we both know he isn't a Q buyer. :angry2:

I have listened to a Q and a BL rite out of the same box same power same everything and i would recommend the Q over the Bl everyday of the week. Sounds better and IMO it was louder.

mdizzle5472 - How would you think Q's would sound vs BTL / BL / SSD to this song -

Pendulum - Tarantula

mdizzle5472 - How would you think Q's would sound vs BTL / BL / SSD to this song -
Pendulum - Tarantula

I dont think you understand the purpose of each sub in the fi line up.

Rob, we both know he isn't a Q buyer. :angry2:

I have listened to a Q and a BL rite out of the same box same power same everything and i would recommend the Q over the Bl everyday of the week. Sounds better and IMO it was louder.

They are for different purposes.

That was Rob. The BTL's will be great for you.

Alright so then a single 15" BTL, large box, lots of port, on a 850$ Sundown SAZ-2000D amp... I can do that. What about a second battery? Yes? No?

That was Rob. The BTL's will be great for you.

I dont remember saying that :P

Pretty sure it was Duran :o ... but anyway

No I tried to steer you clear of 18's, not the BTL.

Alright so then a single 15" BTL, large box, lots of port, on a 850$ Sundown SAZ-2000D amp... I can do that. What about a second battery? Yes? No?

Yes you will need a second battery.

The 2000D is only $485, the 3500D however is $850.

Even better. With a 15" BTL and that amp I still have about 1200 left. A second high powered batter is what? 150? Drops me down to a grand still give or take. Now I just need to find a equalizer and a good deck....
My mistake. Edited by Hell-Razor

Even better. With a 15" BTL and that amp I still have about 1200 left. A second high powered batter is what? 150? Drops me down to a grand still give or take. Now I just need to find a equalizer and a good deck....
My mistake.

Your probably gunna want a group 31 size batt. They have them in the ssa shop for 349. I dont think your gunna find 1 for 150 unless its used and still its gunna be around 275 cheapest.

Your probably gunna want a group 31 size batt. They have them in the ssa shop for 349. I dont think your gunna find 1 for 150 unless its used and still its gunna be around 275 cheapest.
Ok

Single BTL 15" -- check -- about 550$ including shipping

group 31 size battery -- check -- bout 400$ including shipping

SAZ-2000D amplifier -- check -- bout 500$ including shipping

Pioneer FH-P8000BT deck -- check -- about 350$ (guessing, price not posted) free shipping http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P8000BT/Pi...arch=Equalizers

Equalizer -- check -- holey shit these things are expensive. Maybe Ill get it next time around?

Looking being below my budget (which is very good)

Edited by Hell-Razor

Humm. according to the crutchfield website that deck will not fit into the car, but its a double decker cd player thing...so confused.

Damn why do you want that ugly ass double din? Get a single din like most people use.

Damn why do you want that ugly ass double din? Get a single din like most people use.
huh?

huh?

That cd player is twice the size of a normal cd player. If your vehicle doesn't have a double din opening for the radio, it won't fit.