Kaboob

Will 1 RL-p 12" do the trick?

Well, I've pretty much narrowed my first sub down to this baby. I've heard nothing but good reviews from it. I origionally was looking at a Type R but from what I'm hearing this should be much better. Just a few questions for you guys. Will one 12" be enough to get fairly low and shake some chit up? I'm looking at a Hifonics Nemesis Series NX750D to power it. Should that work out well? The only thing I'm not to sure on is how to rig it up to the amp with all of the 2 and 4 ohm stuff. It gets a little confusing for a newb. Also, what kind of box would I be looking for. I'd like to build one but if there is a decent premade one it would be cool. Sorry for all of the questions. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit, I really only wanna get one sub cause I don't wanna spend a fortune. Should I look at a 15"?

hey no worry, the more questions you ask the better, its better to know too much than not enough,

I believe mrray has the same amplifer powering his, and it would work out well for you because there is a group by on the D2, we can explain the wireing if you want..

basically there are two voice coils and by haveing two that gives you more wireing options, so if your amp makes the most power at 1 or 4 ohms mono the dual 2ohm sub is the way you want to go,

mrray and mike can help you with a box design, and if you do not want to build one your self, we have a few people here that can build you one for a good price, hope that helps some..

B)

pssst, I can do up box designs too :P

:woot:

THanks for the replies. I get the wiring for powering the amp, but how do I hook it up to the sub for that peticular amp?

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Need the 2 ohm DVC version of the RL-p, which is currently on group buy, and are not available other than through that group buy.

Ok so I think I got this right. If I bought the one for sale on the site, (4 ohms) I cold hook it up to somthing like the Hifonics BX1500D Brutus and have it running at 900 watts?

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

I'd find a DEI product if I was needing a 2 ohm rated amp.

DEI product? So the setup I have above will work?

yeah, the dual 4 on the hifonics will work (the brutus)...

or the d2 on the nemesis (the exact setup in my wife's car)

and yes, one 12 will shake some chit up,lol. sealed or ported..lol..

is there a budget on the amp? give us that, and we'll try to dig up some options for ya!

and when ur ready..(and have an amp picked out) i'll throw some box size ideas ur way!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

An amp somewhere in the 250 range is kinda what I'm looking for, but I have a little room to go with that if spending more will provide better results in the long run.

An amp somewhere in the 250 range is kinda what I'm looking for, but I have a little room to go with that if spending more will provide better results in the long run.

okeeee

i'll do some looking..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: