Sign in to follow this  
k_schutte

Sorry... comparison thread Havoc/HDC3

OK... Thinking about gettting an 18" Havoc. I have been through a few different setups but still the one i miis most and compare everything to is my HDC315 setup a had a while back. Pretty simple as it was right when i started getting into car audio more. It was an HDC315 in a 4.5ft^3 box tuned to 42hz. running on a Planet Audio VX2200D at 1ohm with NO electrical upgrades, no rear deck proting, no sound deadenging etc... hit just under a 143dB. I have had a few different subs since including Atomic APX15, RE XXX, MTX RFL, Execution 15" etc... but nothing i thought was comparable really to the HDC315 as far as just plain hurting your entire body and making you want ot jump out of the car...

(if you are wondering why i don't just go back to AQ it is because i have no money at the moment, just the XXX to trade. Otherwise i would rock a pair of HDC312's for sure!!)

ANYWAYS... I have since upgraded a LOT of stuff and here is my sub stage setup:

300A alt.

4/0 power wire

2) BatCap 2000's all 2/0 wiring in the trunk

Memphis 4Kw

sound deadened the trunk as well (2-3 layers depending)

Now I am an SPL guy... none of that "loud sound quality" bullshit spoken here, I just want LOUD and aggresive, car flexing bass! Would the SS Havoc 18" be something worth trying out? I would be trading my 2008 RE XXX 15" for it.... My only real concern is that I would pretty much be wasting the amp as i would have to crank it down pretty far to kepe the Havoc alive...

Edited by k_schutte

Basicaly wonderind if the Havoc would be a good SPL subwoofer and I was stating for comparison (as to what i think a good SPL subwoofer is) that i liked the HDC315 and was wondering if that would compare to the HDC315... I know it is kind of a truciky question due to box specs and other info. Just in general would the Havoc 18" and a KX1200.1 be a descent SPL setup capable of the sound I am looking for

OK

Obviously you already know this is install dependent and personal preference dependent so i would personally prefer the AQ over the AA but it will definitely do itself justice for a basic SPL setup

i dont know thw sound your looking for but the havoc is a louder woofer then the new xxx off less power and sounds better

i dont know thw sound your looking for but the havoc is a louder woofer then the new xxx off less power and sounds better

Then again your opinion might be a little biased :fing34:

well ive owned them all

xxx

hdc

havoc

id keep the havoc if it fit in my trunk

maybe you should keep the XXX for a little while and see if you can trade it for like a nightshade or DC LVL5 or LVL4 XL or an HDC3 15 or 18

WELL, I have had it up for trade for quite some time and have only had like 3-4 offers and IMO the Havo18"/KX1200.1 is the best offer i have had so far. Only thing is I can't fit an 18" unless i go slanted front baffle and I have a monster recone coming from TeamPSI for a different motor i have so... IDK, sometimes i wish the damn car audio bug would have never bit me!

Havoc is a no go for SPL. I mean it can get loud, but it is primarily a SQ driver. I'd go with something else, like a BTL or Nightshade or something more tuned for SPL...

Provided, I was able to get a 143.5 at 35 Hz with my 15" Havoc.

Havoc is a no go for SPL. I mean it can get loud, but it is primarily a SQ driver. I'd go with something else, like a BTL or Nightshade or something more tuned for SPL...

Provided, I was able to get a 143.5 at 35 Hz with my 15" Havoc.

Ditto. The Havoc is not an SPL sub. It's like an upgraded Fi Q.

Ended up going with a Mach5 SPL15

Good choice! :fing34:

Sign in to follow this