greenblaze98

xcon or dc level 4xl

xcon or dc lvl4  

56 members have voted

1. 1. xcon or dc lvl4

• XCON
    • DC LEVEL 4

My opinion -

I think the xcons are sexier than the dcs. I think they will have more sq and they have a higher power handling.

At the same time I think the xls will get louder as they are more SPL oriented than sq.

Its really just up to you. I haven't heard either one yet but im installing my 18 inch level 4 xls next week and im getting a demo of the xcons next month =)

If this thread is still up ill post my opinion of the 2 after i hear both.

Also im not going to vote because i haven't heard either one.

I have heard the Level 4, not the xl though. I would compare them to the ICON line more the XCON line. For those who have not heard an XCON. Just becuase there's an " SQ " in the title doesn't mean it's not loud. lol. Thats ridiculous to think. Soon we'll have a decent number of XCONs on the market, and i'll let the owners speak for them.

unless you are going for numbers, i would say Xcon (this is without experience with the drivers). i mean even if the DC's are capable of a few more dB's, both setups are going to be stunningly loud. so unless you plan on listening to your setup at full tilt on a regular basis, i would go with the extra sound quality. just my $.02

XCON!

Yes they are a SQ subwoofer, but they get loud as shit. Best of both worlds.

My 15's are in a 7cf box and they sound fuggn' great!

Like Thumper posted above no boom/boom, they just hit you in the belly hard as fukc.

Sweet! I love em.

I have heard the Level 4, not the xl though. I would compare them to the ICON line more the XCON line. For those who have not heard an XCON. Just becuase there's an " SQ " in the title doesn't mean it's not loud. lol. Thats ridiculous to think. Soon we'll have a decent number of XCONs on the market, and i'll let the owners speak for them.

there is a huge difference between the lvl4 and lvl4xl. The xl will take 2500 all day and is more spl orientated. I have no doubt the dc will get louder than the xcon, while I also don't doubt the xcon will sound better. I think it's funny that people think a sq subwoofer would get louder than a spl subwoofer. There is a place for both types of sub and that's why I asked him what he wants with his system.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but the lvl4xls are probably going to get louder

the x-cons are more than likely going to sound better just pick which ever one suits you more I'm more of a spl guy so I would go lvl4xl

That's just an uneducated opinion since you haven't compared both head to head yet.

So him reading reviews on the woofers and relaying opinions expressed within those reviews is uneducated? OK so apparently since I haven't heard the difference between a PYLE subwoofer and an SSA subwoofer I am unable to relay my advice to someone. So with that being said, guys you should try PYLE before you buy any SSA's, you never know, you might be impressed! :sigh::Doh:

Honestly from reading the differences between the two, the XCON sounds like a better deal because it is more 'SQ' oriented. Sometimes louder isn't always better!! Really depends on the goal of the system.

I say Xcon, plus I'm gonna get a 12" for father's day!!!

here you'll get told ssa, on smd it will be dc hard core, on **** it will be cascade or rd so whatever

Edited by justiin smith

here you'll get told ssa, on smd it will be dc hard core, on **** it will be cascade or rd so whatever

That is true but that xcon just looks so sexy

yeah I was thinking like termpro or places like that

here you'll get told ssa, on smd it will be dc hard core, on caco it will be cascade or rd so whatever

yeah I was thinking like t3rmpro or places like that

Fixed for you. :fing34:

you should really post this question somewhere else if you want an unbiased answer here most people are just going to say xcon

Your from smd, so if he goes there and posts this same thread what do you think he's gonna get?

Biased opinions.. because everyone on that forum runs DC.

ive owned a xl but not an xcon, but i what i like in my music i liked the icon, so the oxcon would be myt pick based on hoping that its just a louder icon

I like AA, never have run a SSA or DC product, but from what I do know about the two, I voted Xcon.

Don't let the term SQ fool you - I bet these subs will get LOUD!

Maybe I should try 6 of them in my wall and just see how they do. . . :D

Brian

I like AA, never have run a SSA or DC product, but from what I do know about the two, I voted Xcon.

Brian

You should do that, just so you would have an informed opinion.

Brian

:fing34:

you should really post this question somewhere else if you want an unbiased answer here most people are just going to say xcon

Your from smd, so if he goes there and posts this same thread what do you think he's gonna get?

I'm not from smd I just post over there alittle

I would post somewhere where non of the fanboys are and then say you are only interested in these 2 subs

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

I'm not from smd I just post over there alittle

O, I see.

honestly neither ssa nor dc have what I really want so I just have to make do with spl subs because I'm not going to give audiopulse any of my money

here you'll get told ssa, on smd it will be dc hard core, on caco it will be cascade or rd so whatever

yeah I was thinking like t3rmpro or places like that

Fixed for you. :fing34:

:bigclap:

That was subtle :D

honestly neither ssa nor dc have what I really want so I just have to make do with spl subs because I'm not going to give audiopulse any of my money

Audiopulse is just way too much $$$$

Just wanna try something different besides FI, kicker, etc.....

HAHAHAHAA...... Not even a comparison... The LVL 4 will OWN... I SAY AGAIN!!! OWNNNNNNNN The XCON

HAHAHAHAA...... Not even a comparison... The LVL 4 will OWN... I SAY AGAIN!!! OWNNNNNNNN The XCON

But would an xl sound good on any type of music

own it in what way....

I have played with both subs and the Xcon SQ wipes the floor with the LVL 4...the Xcon is much more musical