emh9009

True RMS of BL

I

Around 1800 If Done Properly.

Ouch, someone is going to read that and blow their sub.

Personally if you are asking the question you should start out on the low end of things and see how that goes, not fun to blow something.

I am running 2,000+ on my BL. Ran daily for about a year no problem. I did run into a problem with the suspension tearing but I think it was due to the fact that I went below tuning on my box and over extended the sub...Several times. Was time for something new anyway.

Personally if you are asking the question you should start out on the low end of things and see how that goes, not fun to blow something.

Mine Hasn't. And True, The Average Person Shouldn't Throw That Amount To This Sub, But I've Beat Mine Daily For A Long Assed Time With My SAZ-1500D, And You And Me Both Know That Amp Does NOT Only Put Out 1500 Rms @ 1 Ohm @ 14.2-14.7 Volts.

That Setup Is Currently In The Garage, I'm Working On Something Different. And True, Not Setting The Gains With A DMM And/Or Oscilloscope And Being A Jackrabbit On The Volume Knob Will Fry It.

i agree, just start off at 1000. you can always bump up the power later if you aren't satisfied

this will be daily. but ill start out lower and see how it goes, knowing that i can bump it up a little if i want to in the future? this will have less wear on my alt/electrical too, so thats another bonus with staying low ;)

-and with the second part of my OP, that is true, right? use the ohms that the amplifier sees?

Edited by watts09

It will handle eleventybilion wattz of clipped power!

this will be daily. but ill start out lower and see how it goes, knowing that i can bump it up a little if i want to in the future? this will have less wear on my alt/electrical too, so thats another bonus with staying low ;)

-and with the second part of my OP, that is true, right? use the ohms that the amplifier sees?

yea use 1 ohm.

1200~1300 seem to be the sweet spot for mine when i had them

<!--quoteo(post=529337:date=Jun 15 2009, 11:52 AM:name=BigCProductions99)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigCProductions99 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=529337"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Around 1800 If Done Properly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I put more than that to my BL's so i dont know what your talkin about

<!--quoteo(post=529337:date=Jun 15 2009, 11:52 AM:name=BigCProductions99)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigCProductions99 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=529337"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Around 1800 If Done Properly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I put more than that to my BL's so i dont know what your talkin about

Again, asking a question such as this shows the knowledge level of the OP which makes my answer really valid. I do realize that Fi actually even builds in some idiot factor in their specs to solve this issue but my advice was still spot on. A few reasons.

1) If the OP was setting his gains with an O-scope then we'd know they were set right. If not, who knows how far into clipping they could be set

2) You can make the assumption that by asking a question like this the gain setting tutorial will be followed, but then who knows what level on teh vol knob and what bass boost crap the OP will use. In particular when "showing" off the sub to his friends.

3) If you are competing, the BTL is a better choice. If you aren't you CANNOT hear the difference between 1300w and 1800w anywise so there is no reason to push the sub to its limits for non-audible gains

Other reasons as well, but that is enough.

ive had my 10" bl fully loaded for about 6months now and fed it with 1800watt regulated amp daily

its taking it like a champ, i had it oscoped to be level matched

before i put it in my car, we tried it on someone's rf 4000bd, ofcourse levelmatched with osci

it metered 145db on that hypnotize - jeezy song

i think bl is built for brutality

BTL is built for brutality :)

I had ~3000 watts going to a pair and they handled it fine, ran fine for a few months until I sold them. This has been the case with 12 and 18 inch sets.

Edited by holley2346

same here bigjon 1200-1300 seems to be there happy place. now i have sent more and it was fine but no real output was gained

It all depends! but i run my 2 10's @ 2000rms and do street beat and pound the block quite a bit. but im tuned to37hz and i play a little bit of everything. i don't always run full tilt but when i do the subs are seeing close to 5000wrms its all about what ya want out of the subs if your a baby burper id put up to 3000 a sub. but defiantly get all the options.

also clean power is the key NO distorted power!!!!!!