Aaron Clinton

RL-i 8 in a transmission line

I have asked about TL's in the past with little success, I would love to try the 8 in a TL or Snail Shell box, a sub that beefy in a really nice box could work some magic,

and since it needs a larger box the 8 would be the best choice for me to start with unless I could try a rl-i 10 with that design

(note: my initial attempt was to put eclipse alum 10's in a double shot style box but never could nail down plans)

i'm waiting for plans for a tl for my rl-i8..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm waiting for plans for a tl for my rl-i8..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hey kent, do you remember the box building competition on SD? well I would like to do something similar to the winner of the advanced class just without the plexiglass top and 10 layers of paint, but with a single sub, maybe dual would be cool, but 1 would be more fun

something around 1.75 cubes

I am thinking about using the RL-i eights for something like this as well. Mr Chill (Jack Frost) linked a great box a while back at CA.com, but I only dl'd the plans not the link. I will see if I can dig it up but it was a coffee table and the internals were in the shape of a W with the drivers at the lower outer corners and dumping into the room at the top center of the W. Looked cool and I like the idea of it being hidden in plain sight as a coffee table.

^^

The Decware Wicked One?

http://www.decware.com

That's actually a 4th order BP, not a transmission line...

http://www.t-linespeakers.org has some good basics, but there aren't too many ready-to-go plans for a TL or folded horn for a subwoofer. There's always the Decware Imperial Horn - 28 cubes :D

I'd love to put a 15" LMT in a folded horn or TL when the time comes...I can only imagine :)

well not everyone has room for 28 cubes :P mister van

i'm down for some healthy competition. how do we want to judge this?

oh I was not up for a competition, but I just was referencing a box that I liked, some very good ideas on the build

mister van

neener-neener ;)

I'll do some more research, see what I can dig up.

Yeah that's it, the wicked one. I was really checking out the plans at part's express too. There are some really nice looking designs that I would like to try.

i've got the wicked ones plans sitting right here beside me..lol..

but i want a TL....

and effendi...i'd be game after a few week of steady employment..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I would love to try the 8 in a TL or Snail Shell box, a sub that beefy in a really nice box could work some magic,

and since it needs a larger box the 8 would be the best choice for me to start with unless I could try a rl-i 10 with that design

(note: my initial attempt was to put eclipse alum 10's in a double shot style box but never could nail down plans)

We're getting our hands on 2 RL-I 8s and will be making a Double Shot for them. It should be pretty "magical" and we will post videos of it playing complete with a Termlab hooked up. We're also going to run them in a comp on the 22nd if we get them by then and you guys can see them going up against many different setups. Until then, have fun!!

-John Nolte

I would love to try the 8 in a TL or Snail Shell box, a sub that beefy in a really nice box could work some magic,

We're getting our hands on 2 RL-I 8s and will be making a Double Shot for them. It should be pretty "magical" and we will post videos of it playing complete with a Termlab hooked up. We're also going to run them in a comp on the 22nd if we get them by then and you guys can see them going up against many different setups. Until then, have fun!!

-John Nolte

:ohsnap::ohsnap::ohsnap::ohsnap::ohsnap::ohsnap::ohsnap:

-John Nolte

:stfu::NeedPics:

:ttiwwop:

-John Nolte

how about a free design for DIY's for the rl-i8 TL? i've got one sitting on the floor (sub) that needs a new home and i want to try the TL..

and i'm mike's bestest internet friend..rep..buddy...and all around starter of the SS bandwagon!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hopefully there are numbers to follow on the snailshell. I don't recall seeing numbers from the pair of a-bahn 6"s that dropped pretty low. I noticed while watching it with a friend it seems as though it could just about always be talked over. I know none of my setups smallest being a single 8" Tc2+ ported similar to the Rl-i8 I'd assume could be talked over. You'd have to yell during breaks between notes and vocals :P . I've seen some other vids of snailshells like the one with the Treo SSX 12"s that didn't look too impressive either. But then again I wasn't too impressed with the CRX running a soloX 18" off two viper 2500d's that I beat at the last comp. He didn't have low lows and mine was tuned almost 10hz higher. I had alot more lows, didn't sound too good either lol. But I suppose a soloX off around 5krms isn't going to sound to good full tilt. But I'd also assume an MT 18" off a colossus wouldn't sound too great either. Not that I'm worried about sq much just don't like farty sounding bass lol.

I'd personally rather try the WO 4th order than a SS.

T

some of my toys, so my reply isn't wwop :P

post-396-1116043595_thumb.jpg

look at those little rascals! so cute!

hopefully there are numbers to follow on the snailshell. I don't recall seeing numbers from the pair of a-bahn 6"s that dropped pretty low. I noticed while watching it with a friend it seems as though it could just about always be talked over. I know none of my setups smallest being a single 8" Tc2+ ported similar to the Rl-i8 I'd assume could be talked over. You'd have to yell during breaks between notes and vocals :P . I've seen some other vids of snailshells like the one with the Treo SSX 12"s that didn't look too impressive either. But then again I wasn't too impressed with the CRX running a soloX 18" off two viper 2500d's that I beat at the last comp. He didn't have low lows and mine was tuned almost 10hz higher. I  had alot more lows, didn't sound too good either lol. But I suppose a soloX off around 5krms isn't going to sound to good full tilt. But I'd also assume an MT 18" off a colossus wouldn't sound too great either. Not that I'm worried about sq much just don't like farty sounding bass lol.

T

u should hear my s18x get low...muhahahahahaha..off just about 2800wrms..hehe

i still wanna try a TL box though..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hopefully there are numbers to follow on the snailshell. I don't recall seeing numbers from the pair of a-bahn 6"s that dropped pretty low. I noticed while watching it with a friend it seems as though it could just about always be talked over. I know none of my setups smallest being a single 8" Tc2+ ported similar to the Rl-i8 I'd assume could be talked over. You'd have to yell during breaks between notes and vocals :P . I've seen some other vids of snailshells like the one with the Treo SSX 12"s that didn't look too impressive either. But then again I wasn't too impressed with the CRX running a soloX 18" off two viper 2500d's that I beat at the last comp. He didn't have low lows and mine was tuned almost 10hz higher. I  had alot more lows, didn't sound too good either lol. But I suppose a soloX off around 5krms isn't going to sound to good full tilt. But I'd also assume an MT 18" off a colossus wouldn't sound too great either. Not that I'm worried about sq much just don't like farty sounding bass lol.

T

wow nice collection, can I ask you point of view as to why you would take a 4th order box over a snail shell? I am very curious because I think the RL-i 8 beast would be sick to put in a TL or SS or some sort of technically advanced box