Sign in to follow this  
fobanginvtek

single din flip out for my 04' bmw 3 series

Hey guys Im looking for a single din flip out for my car. Reason why I am choosing a flip out is because I have limited space, and still want my A/C. I could put in a double din below it but I dont want to do that. I am looking for a NAVI/GPS h/u with basic features, cd/dvd. I don't want to spend a fortune on it. My price limit is about $700. So far after some research, I am looking at a Pionner AVIC-n4 or n5. Anyone have any input on whats a good h/u? Brands? Thanks!

eclipse avn7000, sonicelectronix has it for about 600 bucks and works pretty well!

eclipse avn7000, sonicelectronix has it for about 600 bucks and works pretty well!

i was just looking at that about 10 minutes ago lol. I been researching that and haven't heard so many great reviews on that unit. I dont see much people with experience with it also. Do you have that?

I just installed one in my brothers car, it works pretty well. He love its!

have fun rewiring your entire car to bypass the factory amp =)

What kind of stereo kit do you have?

Most stereo kit for BMW 3 series looks like this one:

BMW-K300.jpg

The problem I see is that the kit goes over the HU, meaning you place the HU first then attach the kit on top of it.

Unless you can find another kit (which I didn't) or make a custom one... I don't see how a flip out din can be used.

Kelvin