nauc

how much power for 12" rlp in 1 cube to reach.....

full output

like at adires site, it says the brahma will reach full output off 900 watts in .92 cubes tho the subs rms is 1600

Mike has usually said around 750 is plenty for it

what, its rms is only 500, should only take about 300 watts to push it to full output

what, its rms is only 500, should only take about 300 watts to push it to full output

mike rates his subs very conservatively :santa:

so a 12" rlp in 1 cube needs 750 for full output, hmm

I dont think you need 750 for FULL output, but it seems to be the optimum wattage posted so far

i'd honestly say in the neighborhood of 350-400 wrms will get it pounding in 1ft^3 sealed...but 750wrms would definitely be better...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

nauc, kent and mike would know best,

I will have mine in a ported tuned lowwwwwww

i got 750 a piece on mine. they wang pretty hard!

but i think i'm gonna step it up a notch, i'm looking for an amp that does 2000-2500w. and gonna try giving them around 1200 a piece :D

i got 750 a piece on mine. they wang pretty hard!

but i think i'm gonna step it up a notch, i'm looking for an amp that does 2000-2500w. and gonna try giving them around 1200 a piece :D

duck and cover

i dont think those will take 1200 for very long ive got an rl-p on a t3000 at 8ohm and hav come close to burning it 2

i dont think those will take 1200 for very long ive got an rl-p on a t3000 at 8ohm and hav come close to burning it 2

box dependent..i ran mine at 1200 off my orion 2500d for quite a while ported....no issues...and it gets 750 daily..

also, there are a few ppl running theirs with that much power, no issues..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

"..i ran mine at 1200 off my orion 2500d for quite a while ported....no issues...and it gets 750 daily.."

There's a BIG difference between what an amp is capable of and what the speaker is actually absorbing while you're playing music.

Think about it - 1000 W is all it takes to get many feet of thick wire to glow red in a portable heater.

"..i ran mine at 1200 off my orion 2500d for quite a while ported....no issues...and it gets 750 daily.."

There's a BIG difference between what an amp is capable of and what the speaker is actually absorbing while you're playing music.

Think about it - 1000 W is all it takes to get many feet of thick wire to glow red in a portable heater.

agreed!! but for all intents and purposes,just using the generic factory rating, that is what was going on...

when i get my clamp meter in..then a more accurate description of what goes on inside my boxes will be told..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i plan on giving my rl-p's atleast 800wrms daily.

I've got ~750-800w going to mine in a 1.25cuft :)

I don't see why not all of us that owned Magnum D2's were running up to 2000w amps on ours and i only know of 1 person that blew their D2. I'm sure there are others but none that i know of.

Are you talking sine waves or for music? because for music you can run ALOT more power to a sub for alot longer.

When someone asks "how much power to get full output" they mean how much "amp rated" power do you need 99.9% of the time and thats what everyone seems to stick to, otherwise everyone would be lost all the time wondering who is talking about what. And actually for music, some dynamics can reach way above the rms rating if the amp is well made. Thats what peak power ratings are for, dynamics.