Sign in to follow this  
detonnation

A bad sub can ruin your WHOLE day!

But a badass sub can make the music kick ASS!! Just some initial impressions on my new Q 12...

First comparing it to my 12" Pioneer sub: Its like comparing a baby toy to a sledge hammer. When the Fi arrived I couldnt believe how big, heavy and well made this thing was. It was probably twice the weight of the Pioneer, no joke. I got the red Fi and it looks awesome, cept I followed my original threads in the box so its at a bit of an angle. The box is sealed 1.25 cu filled with polyfill. I hooked the sub up in series and have it hooked to a pioneer class d 600w into 2 ohm amp.

I know it takes time to break in the sub and I only listened for a few minutes (and would like to give a serious review after the break in period)... Comparing it to the Pioneer. The Pioneer was basically a low hum, no definition and musical instruments were mush. More like gruel. I guess if you listen to Techno, with one beat it might be ok, but I like rock, jazz, classical, rap , everything except country. Not a big country fan.

Listening to a reference jazz cut, I was like O theres the standing bass. And you could hear the pitch and definition in the sound where there was zero before. The bass is tight and controlled too. The sub stops and starts fast. Man I am stoked!

Thanks to the guys at Fi for the AWESOME sub! Im not a car sub connoisseur, but I am a serious home audiophile with a pretty expensive system, (though you dont have to spend a lot to get great sound) (and Fi proves that!!!!!) Its really one of the best deals in car audio. OK back to the car!

Peace.

Mike :)

Edited by Deton Nation

Great review man! :)

X2 and glad to hear.

Sign in to follow this