Impious

Current Group Buy Count

I am tempted.... But I have other priorities :(

Screw priorities.....life is about having fun :slayer::woot:

Not doing bad so far.....in less than 12 hours of the e-mail being sent out, I've already had 9 of the 12 reply :D

Just waiting on 3 more e-mail confirmattions, and this thing will pretty much be finalized.

Just waiting on e-mail confirmations from Brian & Chinny :)

you could always look at a 4 ohm mono amp, I have been scared away from Hi-Fonics of recent, I think eric77 is running one to his, but he has been fine so far,

Me! running HIFONICS!?!?!? Ha! :bartmoon:

:lol2:

I think aneonrider is running his sealed rlp 12 off his bx1500d. I have an eD nine.1

you could always look at a 4 ohm mono amp, I have been scared away from Hi-Fonics of recent, I think eric77 is running one to his, but he has been fine so far,

Me! running HIFONICS!?!?!? Ha! :bartmoon:

I think aneonrider is running his sealed rlp 12 off his bx1500d. I have an eD nine.1

CRAP, I am very sorry eric, your right, I got mixed up :Doh::banhim:

Ok....chinny dropped out, so that knocked us back down to 13. But, we have a new arrival who is in for one :D So we are back to 14, and still waiting to hear back from the member "Brian"

I will contact brian right now via PM and email

Whats gonna be the cutoff date?

Here pretty soon I think. I just received the e-mail from Brian....so we are officially at 14 :hyper:

So, as of right now, I've heard back from everyone :thumbupw:

I'm going to go ahead and forward the names/addys/etc to Mike today for those who are in as of right now.

Yes on PayPal

Yes on Tracking No's (for domestic shipments only)

.. and as I just mentioned in the original group buy thread:

Purchase order is currently being worked out and parts should be slated/ordered as early as next week.
Edited by SoundSplinter

Yes on PayPal

Yes on Tracking No's (for domestic shipments only)

.. and as I just mentioned in the original group buy thread:

Purchase order is currently being worked out and parts should be slated/ordered as early as next week. 

The drivers for this group buy should ship no later than the week of April 23rd.

Production overhead has risen on me, so I am going to be ordering a higher quantity of drivers in order to make this more economincally feasible.  As such, any stragglers who may want to pick up a RL-p12 D2 will have a chance, but they should get in touch with me ASAP.

:woot:

so they shipped last week :idiot:

Ok....e-mail has been sent to Mike. So, I'd expect payment due here soon :D

Ok....e-mail has been sent to Mike.  So, I'd expect payment due here soon :D

sigh... mian, gotta fork out 2 bills, well i guess ill have to go and sell my LI :(

Individual invoices have been sent out to each person on the list Squeak provided me, detailing the total costs and payment information for each buyer.

I also included a note in each invoice, requesting that if it is at all possible, it would be much appreciated if you could send in your payment by check or money order. Normally, I wouldn't be so concerned, but upon hammering out the purchase order for this production, I've found my production overhead to have increased 15% since January, and 30% since last July! :unsure:

This almost made the entire group buy impossible - but I sucked it up and am going to be buying about twice as many RL-p 12 D2's than I currently have on order, in order to make the whole thing feasible and as not to disappoint all you fine folks that have signed onto the project. :)

So yea, if you can swing writing a check - I'd be a very happy guy.

If you must use PayPal, then hey no hard feelings, that's the way it's gotta be! heart.gif

For anyone else interested in an RL-p12 D2 at $209 a piece, you must contact me before May 15th! After that, any remaining drivers will be sold at the normal rate.

Edited by SoundSplinter

Individual invoices have been sent out to each person on the list Squeak provided me, detailing the total costs and payment information for each buyer. 

I also included a note in each invoice, requesting that if it is at all possible, it would be much appreciated if you could send in your payment by check or money order.  Normally, I wouldn't be so concerned, but upon hammering out the purchase order for this production, I've found my production overhead to have increased 15% since January, and 30% since last July!  :unsure:

This almost made the entire group buy impossible - but I sucked it up and am going to be buying about twice as many RL-p 12 D2's than I currently have on order, in order to make the whole thing feasible and as not to disappoint all you fine folks that have signed onto the project.  :) 

So yea, if you can swing writing a check - I'd be a very happy guy. 

If you must use PayPal, then hey no hard feelings, that's the way it's gotta be! heart.gif

For anyone else interested in an RL-p12 D2 at the $209 group buy rate, you must contact me before May 15th!  After that, any remaining drivers will be sold at the normal rate.

:o:ohsnap:

sorry to hear that mike. Does TC just keep raising their prices with you?

Indeed, TC has been raising their rates fairly consistently. Perhaps not so much on their direct account, but the fact that the OEM business in general is starting to decline. Most recently, the prices on steel have gone up about 20%, cardboard packaging up 50%, and freight up between 30-50%. Unfortunately, these increases trickle down to me, but I am doing everything I can to ensure that the end buyer is still getting a solid deal on our products. I don't want to price my products around the ridiculous rates that many of the large manufacturers do because I know how much I appreciate low prices myself and would like to keep the "family" atmosphere of SoundSplinter alive and well.

I imagine that if this trend continues, I will start moving towards fully finished products where I can keep higher margins (alongside the likes of SVS). However, if I do go this way, I will certainly not be discontinuing my raw drivers - since in my opinion it's more fun to build your own than to buy a pre-made unit. At any rate, pre-made units will sell for more money and I'll still get to have fun building them B)

The times they are a-changin' yingyang.gif

Indeed, TC has been raising their rates fairly consistently.  Perhaps not so much on their direct account, but the fact that the OEM business in general is starting to decline.  Most recently, the prices on steel have gone up about 20%, cardboard packaging up 50%, and freight up between 30-50%.  Unfortunately, these increases trickle down to me, but I am doing everything I can to ensure that the end buyer is still getting a solid deal on our products.  I don't want to price my products around the ridiculous rates that many of the large manufacturers do because I know how much I appreciate low prices myself and would like to keep the "family" atmosphere of SoundSplinter alive and well.

I imagine that if this trend continues, I will start moving towards fully finished products where I can keep higher margins (alongside the likes of SVS).  However, if I do go this way, I will certainly not be discontinuing my raw drivers - since in my opinion it's more fun to build your own than to buy a pre-made unit.  At any rate, pre-made units will sell for more money and I'll still get to have fun building them  B)

The times they are a-changin' yingyang.gif

i just wanna say thanks again mike!!

thank you mike for working hard to keep the customers happy

All right guys, let's ante up, I included some extra on my paypal to cover the fees and cover anyone else who could only swing the actual amount :gift: , but if you got it, share a little :hay: , we are stealing these things as it is. Mike has gone out of his way to bring us this deal, the least we can do is insure none of the costs are coming out of his pocket. Mike I am assuming you pay the same 3% as I do for collecting from paypal, if it is more, PM and I will send a little more your way, otherwise, i sent enought to cover a couple fees for ya :D

Thanks finebar, that's very nice of you!

Indeed my fees are the same 3% as any business or premiere account's.

But hey, no one should feel obligated to pay extra - however, I can't complain! :)

.. and I do appreciate it greatly =]

Squeak, you can add my name to your list. I just sent my info in and will mail out my check tomorrow morning.