Aaron Clinton

Memphis LVS.....

:unsure: who has gotten to play with this beast???

LVS is dead :P

more of a marketing thing than a mass produced woofer. i do know some were made, but not sure of the quantity.

the SHP (the one below the LVS, thats what i think it was called anyway) was a good hard hitter

Hey max, have you heard one?? :o

ive seen and kina played with one. Nothing super amazing IMO.

anyone got pics?? i've never even heard of it!!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

ohhhhhh...i've seen that in memphis pamphlets...just never paid much attention to it...... :P

thnx for the pics

so they ain't all that...hmmmm..look great in a custom show install :+1:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Paperweight!

x2

Theres this like VW bug or golf that goes to lots of shows in the south that has an inverted 15. Looks cool. Sounds bad.

i have seen that bug, but have not heard it :(

i was at my local memphis dealer today, checking out the catalog and i found(like i made the discovery..hehe) the 18" LVSx3..which is one more basket then the regular LVS sub...mounting depth of almost 20"!! i just looked and it ain't up on the website yet, but it is in the 2004 catalog...wow..talk about a beast!

also, Scott, the owner of said dealership, was talking about how the mojo line of subs, i believe, will have a interchangeable cone system. so say u buy a 10" mojo today but want a 15" mojo tomorrow..instead of buyin a whole new sub, all u would have to buy is a new basket and cone...the motor and such is the same. he thought the cone assembly stuff would run from around $100 to $150 or so..so savings in the area of around $100 to $150 or more is possible....kinda sweet idea u think? anyone else heard of this yet...and if so..whatcha think??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They gave one away at Mardi Gras Nationals... I had 5 tickets and so did my other 2 friends.... didnt win though, so i had to buy a 15" kove armageddon

which i am selling because it wont fit in my car... $300 obo

Edited by 97droptopZ

here's a brief statement concerning the new "m" clas subs, and componets....

Memphis Car Audio Wins Two Innovations Awards At '04 CES

Thursday, February 26, 2004 by Rob Granger

Memphis Car Audio reports that the company won big at the recent Consumer Electronics Show, with two products featured in the prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase for 2004.

The Memphis M3 Modular Motor Subwoofer and the MClass Multi-Synchronous component speaker each were honored by the Innovations Award judges. Memphis Car Audio was one of only a few manufacturers to have multiple products in the showcase.

"Both of these products feature important new innovations that will benefit consumers," states Jeff Triplett of Memphis Car Audio. "It's always exciting to make equipment that is better or smarter than before. That's what we have accomplished with these two products."

The MClass speaker cone is made of woven Kevlar and glass-fiber. At the center of this speaker cone is a removable pure-aluminum dome tweeter. The MClass tweeter can be easily removed and replaced with a "phase plug." This allows the listener to mount the tweeter separately providing unmatched installation flexibility.

The M3 Modular Motor Subwoofer was honored for its breakthrough modular design that allows the cartridge, consisting of the complete basket and cone assembly, to be replaced in minutes. Thanks to the M3 design, the woofer magnet and motor structure can be unbolted and attached to a new cartridge assembly quickly and easily. Repairs can be made in the retailer's shop rather than at the factory, saving both time and money.

The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Showcase gives consumer technology manufactures the opportunity to have their newest products judged by a preeminent panel of independent industry designers, engineers, and journalists. For the ninth year, the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) acted as advisors to the Innovations Design & Engineering Showcase.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com

so whatcha all think? similar to the replaceable cone in the solo x and rfl..only u can change size as well(i know the above statement doesn't say that..but Scott[me dealer] did..hehe)....sweet!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

About that speaker that has the removeable tweeter, CDT did that lonnnnnng before Memphis did...

As far as the take apart sub goes, I think that Eclipse did that with their 18" TiPro?

-Nate

you can do the sub with with most subs....adire and re can do it i know....

about the removable tweeter..quite a few companies do that, so i should've deleted that part...sorry

about the subs...the gimick about the mclass is that (like i said earlier) today u buy a 10", don't like it, tomorrow u can buy the 12" or 15" cartidge and not have to buy a whole new sub. as far as adire and re doing that, i've never heard of it...just like the solo x and rfl being feild rebuildable,(of course they only come in one size) but the point being..u can't change sizes of the other subs..with the mclass u can and save a little money in the process

wheeeewww

and

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

about the removable tweeter..quite a few companies do that, so i should've deleted that part...sorry

about the subs...the gimick about the mclass is that (like i said earlier) today u buy a 10", don't like it, tomorrow u can buy the 12" or 15" cartidge and not have to buy a whole new sub. as far as adire and re doing that, i've never heard of it...just like the solo x and rfl being feild rebuildable,(of course they only come in one size) but the point being..u can't change sizes of the other subs..with the mclass u can and save a little money in the process

wheeeewww

and

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the RE and Adire subs can be reconed to a larger size at a minimal cost, the motor and all the soft parts are the same....same with DD....basket, re-cone kit and your set

however, i don't think that any of them are field replacable...well, at least not for everyone :P

can we say parthenon?

thats 100% diffrent.

the RE and Adire subs can be reconed to a larger size at a minimal cost, the motor and all the soft parts are the same....same with DD....basket, re-cone kit and your set

however, i don't think that any of them are field replacable...well, at least not for everyone :P

kewl...learned sumthin!!

and i stand corrected..i thought that this "cartidge" idea was new since memphis won that award for it....oh well...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: