Sign in to follow this  
cadillac davelle

(2) 12" sdc2.5's OR (1) 12" hdc3... off a saz-1500d

hey whats up guys I made up my mind and decided to go with audioque, and now i just dont know if to go with the 1 hdc3 12" or go with 2 sdc2.5 12's, i would be using a sundown saz-1500d for the amp, now i know they say the more cone area the louder it will be, but dam i am very interested in that 1 hdc3 12" lol, oh and also if i were to go with the one 1 hdc3, what do u guys recommend aluminum or copper coils? i would be using it for daily music, mostly listen to hip hop, and i want some decent lows, but remember i want the loudest heard, which many say is different then actual spl setup, but im not a pro so i maybe very wrong, the point is im going with very loud mids and highs in the car, and i would like to match it up with some nice bass..

i also plan on going with a blow through box, probably designed by pete kulicki, andy opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

hey whats up guys I made up my mind and decided to go with audioque, and now i just dont know if to go with the 1 hdc3 12" or go with 2 sdc2.5 12's, i would be using a sundown saz-1500d for the amp, now i know they say the more cone area the louder it will be, but dam i am very interested in that 1 hdc3 12" lol, oh and also if i were to go with the one 1 hdc3, what do u guys recommend aluminum or copper coils? i would be using it for daily music, mostly listen to hip hop, and i want some decent lows, but remember i want the loudest heard, which many say is different then actual spl setup, but im not a pro so i maybe very wrong, the point is im going with very loud mids and highs in the car, and i would like to match it up with some nice bass..

i also plan on going with a blow through box, probably designed by pete kulicki, andy opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Is this for a Single Cab Truck?

the 15" hdc3 is definitely something i really want, the only thing that scares me is the size of the box that it would need to be in, because im not sure if i have the amount of space needed, yeah i know i have a caddy, but i also have a daughter with another one on the way (lol) so i kind of need some trunk space for all the crap i need to be lugging around..

but definitely a big consideration, i guess i have to take some good measurements in my trunk and go from there, but for now i guess lets consider the 15" also

2 12's will take up more space than 1 15.

oh wowwww, ur right, sorry about that i didnt even notice at all! i guess that cancels out the 2 sdc2.5 12's then..

looks like now it would be 2 sdc2.5 10's, which i rather not do because the 15" alone has more cone area then both 10's, so it looks like it will be either the hdc3 12 or 15, what do u guys think copper or aluminum coils for 1500 rms on music?

copper.

You need aluminum once u surpass ~2,500w

but wouldnt that be pushing it close to its limits considering the 1500d is only rms and peak would be about double that? because thats 2500 peak on music im guessing right?

sounds like u have no experience with Audioque.

AQ rates their subs in a manner that attempts to prevent user abuse and neglect.

So, by doing so, their HDC3 copper which can take their 2200w amp all day.. divide it in half and give it a 1000w daily rating for safety sake.

If u know what u are doing.. if u got the insight on how to properly setup amps, then u can run up to 2400w on copper and 4000w on aluminum.

If u do not have the know how, then stick with 1000-1500w copper and 1600-2000w aluminum.