naturally_badass

RL-p12 experts

i have a single RL-p12 sub

whats your opinion on a box ( ported or sealed ) also dimensions.

to push sub i got a MTX Thunder 1000d, is this good enough to push this sub? i also dont know what type of connection, sub to amp.

i tried get help locally but they dont know whats a SOUNDSPLINTER.

so basically i need to be educated.

Nice sub, and don't worry, most local shops won't know what a nice driver like the RL-p is anyway. Here are the optimal enclosure sizes right off the website:

Optimal Car:

1.35 cu ft net volume sealed

1.5 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 34 Hz

1.85 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 28 Hz

I have enjoyed mine in a 2.0 @ 27hz box. Welcome to SSA. I am no RL-p expert, just own one. :)

As for the optimal enclosure that depends on your goals. The Rlp sounds great in a sealed box (my preference) but isn't particularly "loud" that way, it will come alive when you port it.

Nice sub, and don't worry, most local shops won't know what a nice driver like the RL-p is anyway. Here are the optimal enclosure sizes right off the website:

Optimal Car:

1.35 cu ft net volume sealed

1.5 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 34 Hz

1.85 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 28 Hz

I have enjoyed mine in a 2.0 @ 27hz box. Welcome to SSA. I am no RL-p expert, just own one. :)

thanks guys cant wait for the build!

is the mtx a 2ohm stable amp? i'm assuming it is, and hopefully you have a d4 rl-p...if you do, it's straightforward to hook it up. but we need to know those items....

yeah, too lazy to search.

i loved my rl-p in 1.25ft^3 net sealed. was plenty loud too, used a hifonics nemesis 750d to push it. it does come alive ported though, and i liked a 1.75-2ft^3 net box, tuned to 32-34hz, 32in^2 of port. loud, low and clean. the rl-p will please.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i have a single RL-p12 sub

whats your opinion on a box ( ported or sealed ) also dimensions.

to push sub i got a MTX Thunder 1000d, is this good enough to push this sub? i also dont know what type of connection, sub to amp.

i tried get help locally but they dont know whats a SOUNDSPLINTER.

so basically i need to be educated.

rlp 12 is an nice sub ,for sealed i would prefered 1.25cuft or bigger.ported 1.7cuft or bigger .both sealed and ported box the rlp love it . if you want louder ported is the way to go.

Edited by ivan0507

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacky:

this sub is fuk'n awesome. Now my trunk hits hard like Kimbo Slice " ice cream paint job ".

finished set up at about 2140 & i jsut had to bump it.

set off a couple of alarms down the road.

Remember to show respect when bumping. The sub is there for your enjoyment :)

Remember to show respect when bumping. The sub is there for your enjoyment :)

no worries Adrian_D this whole street is family. they have been waiting for me to bump it since they've been watching me install it. i'm really enjoying this sub thinking of purchasing another.

well put a video and pictures up, dont hide the system from us because we're family too

Edited by jay-cee

well put a video and pictures up, dont hide the system from us because we're family too

no problems i'll post a video up taday if i can been really busy

:) :)

myrlp12.jpg

hope you guyz like it .i love this sub. i dont know how they seem to blow the sub i bass out like this day by day but i hope you guys get it back together.

you should see the peoples faces when they see my trunk like this on the road . seems like they think someone is inside. shi*s crazy.

no problems i'll post a video up taday if i can been really busy

That sub is sexy. How did you get that dent in the cone?

Edited by takniteasy

That sub is sexy. How did you get that dent in the cone?

oh ya its just a dimple hahaha.

naw i have a daughter & i had her stroller in the truck. 1 day i was bassing out & the sub seems to move up & up & up then i saw that.

as you can see in the video above it does not effect the performance of the sub

Edited by naturally_badass

How wide is that port, 3-4 inches? How did you tune that to 32 hz with 1.75 cubes? How long is your port, 50 inches cuz your box doesn't even look that big.

Hi guys,

its been a long time. well i dont know what happened to my sub but i think i blew it.

this is all i know. one morning i was listening to the radio with the volume not pass 15 ( sub @ -1 )

then i heard a thump sound from the sub. After that the sound went away & i started

smelling burnt coil. so as i got home i felt my amp which was hot. then i felt my sub

where the logo was at & that was hot too ( WTF ). so i dont know what happened

i took everything out & i was thinking to re -cone the sub. i tested my amp but now

it seems to have no power or it will just turn on then off. can you guys point me to the person that sales

the re-built kit :ehh: . i really dont want to let this sub go. we have so much memories (haha).

THANKS! :santa:

Your amp might have clipped or something could have shorted out. I would first email Mike at soundsplinter.com first and see what he says.

Email SoundSplinter directly.