Sign in to follow this  
allstock

Zed Deuce worthy upgrade?

Hi everyone,

I need some advice!

I recently took out my Zed Gladius w/Burr Brown to send it in for repair. I have the chance to buy a Zed Deuce without the B.Brown upgrade. Would there be a difference in SQ between the two amps? I know the Deuce has more power, so it might be better overall for my comps. I'm running a set of DLS UP6i's with the passive crossovers, which is rated at 150 wrms, 180 wmax.

Does the Burr Brown make much of a difference, or will the extra power (without BB) make my comps sound better? I know it'll get louder, but I'm worried about the SQ.

What would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

You could get the deuce try it and if your not happy with it with out the BB chips, I believe you can send it to Zed and have it upgraded for some extra money.

Bromo beat me to it. :)

I would bet a sizable amount of money you would not hear the difference.

thanks for the info...i was worried that there would be a noticeable difference in SQ; well, maybe only audiophiles would be able to tell. i think i'll buy the deuce just for the headroom.

I would bet a sizable amount of money you would not hear the difference.

thanks for the info...i was worried that there would be a noticeable difference in SQ; well, maybe only audiophiles would be able to tell. i think i'll buy the deuce just for the headroom.

It depends on how your car sounds. Remember, the car is a terrible audio environment. Unless you've got a world championship SQ car, it may be hard to tell the difference.

**Note: I've never had the privilege to hear one with or without the BB, so my comment is based purely off speculation.

I have both. I also have to say there is no difference in sound between the two. I hooked up both amps and did an a-b comparison and we could not tell a difference. But I am sure someone else will tell you different.

Zed himself says the Burr brown difference is very minor. This is why it was an option with these amps, and not standard. Zed was not sure it was worth the $50 or so extra, so he made it optional for those who wanted the very best.