Sign in to follow this  
k_schutte

RD Sonances?

OK... I was offered a pair of RD Sonance V.2 12"s and a Memphis MC2000-D for my 4Kw....

I do not know about anything RD except for the H.W. which i loved but... are they geared more toward SPL or LOUD SOUND QUALITY? I kepe hearing they "GET LOUD YET STILL SOUND GREAT" but you know how that is.

RD guy said:

"The Sonance is a great woofer all around. The first priority was SQ when designed. The woofer actually surprised us with the output once we were finished.

We have a few SQ competitors using the Sonance this year and we also have a few SPL guys running them as well. One of the few woofers that can sound great for daily and in a SQ setup but also have the ability to reach a 160+ in the SPL world. "

I am looking for SPL again of course and as most of you know i am wanting to down grade power wise so thought this might be a good choice if it would be at all comparable to my single 15" SPL setups?

Edited by k_schutte

Where is this offer coming from? I hear that RD has horrid customer service.

Where is this offer coming from? I hear that RD has horrid customer service.

forum member....

:Doh:

More specific? caraudio.com member

If these are good for SPL I would like to do it but if i will be dissapointed I will stay away... most recent setups where 143-146 dB and that was good enough for me, hoping to stay more toward the 145+ range

More specific? caraudio.com member

If these are good for SPL I would like to do it but if i will be dissapointed I will stay away... most recent setups where 143-146 dB and that was good enough for me, hoping to stay more toward the 145+ range

If i were you, i would see if i could hear the pair.

its_ray_ray had them to begin with then traded them to Andrew 2006 and he is in Tennesse so hearing them isn't an option sadly he has good reps though

Anyone know the about the LOUD SOUND QUALITY/SPL thing?

Edited by k_schutte

Keep your 4Kw and install a quality sub woofer(s) with it.

so the sonances would NOT be a good SPL choice...

If i keep the 4Kw I will be getting a recone from TeamPSI for my Mach5 SPL-15... and will be MUCH more careful this time and wait until i can do everything RIGHT before I do anything at all...

DDbump has some alphamax's for sale over on ca...he had 4 in a wall and it was insane.

No money... that is why i was looking at trades rather than just buying the recone right away...

Just had to pay the deductable to get some body damage fixed on the caddi and I had to buy a new trans to put in the Malibu I bought for my GF (transmission went out about a month after i bought it for her birthday...)

So i haev to sell the RC car or the 1/0 and 2/0 wire or down size the amp in a partial trade and get some cash that way

The new Sonance is a very solid sub. The cost on the 15's are around $325 I believe. I was told by someone that owns a pair of 12's that 3.75-4ft3 @ 32-34hz seems to be a really good fit. 145+ will depend on install,enclosure,etc. but should be very doable with 1500-2000wrms.

OK... I was offered a pair of RD Sonance V.2 12"s and a Memphis MC2000-D for my 4Kw....

I do not know about anything RD except for the H.W. which i loved but... are they geared more toward SPL or LOUD SOUND QUALITY? I kepe hearing they "GET LOUD YET STILL SOUND GREAT" but you know how that is.

RD guy said:

"The Sonance is a great woofer all around. The first priority was SQ when designed. The woofer actually surprised us with the output once we were finished.

We have a few SQ competitors using the Sonance this year and we also have a few SPL guys running them as well. One of the few woofers that can sound great for daily and in a SQ setup but also have the ability to reach a 160+ in the SPL world. "

I am looking for SPL again of course and as most of you know i am wanting to down grade power wise so thought this might be a good choice if it would be at all comparable to my single 15" SPL setups?

You're not going to get very good response when it comes to anything RD on here. RD Audio does make some very good subs, however people on here tend to try to drive people away from RD gear because they had bad experiences with their customer service. IMO if a person treats their equipment properly with the amp settings and not being abusive with their subs, they won't have to contact customer service anyway.