Sign in to follow this  
pancho26

nightshade 18`s rms

If you have to ask....1500 RMS.

It all depends on what kind of power they're seeing, what kind of cooling they're getting and the content they're being asked to reproduce.

Edited by creyc

If you have to ask....1500 RMS.

It all depends on what kind of power they're seeing, what kind of cooling they're getting and the content they're being asked to reproduce.

thanks i know what the site says.but yesterday i saw a guy running them with 1 saz3000 to each sub...

depends on application honestly. music they are content with 1500wrms but iv seen jake throw 10kw at them on burps and 30sec for drive by spl but id be careful on that much power

well if the 15inch can handle 2krms all day long the 18inch should be able to handle like 3krms all day long lol. but then again better be safe then sorry and just give it what is recommended! (like anyone follows the recommendations anyways lol)

well if the 15inch can handle 2krms all day long the 18inch should be able to handle like 3krms all day long lol. but then again better be safe then sorry and just give it what is recommended! (like anyone follows the recommendations anyways lol)

lol i know exactly what u mean thats what confuses me.say the btl 2000 rms and steve meade throws over 4000 at them which one is it lol

Speaker size has no effect its the coil itself.

I lol'd

U arent serious right?

U arent serious right?

what do u mean..

Were u serious when u said that if 15's can take 2k rms then 18's can take at least 3k rms

that wasnt me lol but shit with my knowledge about car audio that might have been my answer also lol

get a life the nightshades are the same weather its a 12 or an 18 only diffrence is the cone size motor, coil, and spiders are all the same

Were u serious when u said that if 15's can take 2k rms then 18's can take at least 3k rms

that wasnt me lol but shit with my knowledge about car audio that might have been my answer also lol

:Doh: Sometimes being brutally honest isnt the best

get a life the nightshades are the same weather its a 12 or an 18 only diffrence is the cone size motor, coil, and spiders are all the same

Do not bash on other members in this fashion. Instead, follow Memphismzd's way of refuting the statement.

Necessary? Maybe you're the one who should get a life and stop being an e-thug.

The RMS ratings on speakers are there for a reason. They will be able to handle the RMS forever. They may handle 3000watts, but for how long is the question.

Do not bash on other members in this fashion. Instead, follow Memphismzd's way of refuting the statement.

Thankyou KU40!

but serious it was was half to say give it a shot but be careful. and the rest of it was b/c for some odd reason i thought the 18inch had a longer coils (which is why i thouhgt it could handle more power) in it but as ppl were fast to correct and bash me i was wrong! and i am sorry if i confused anyone! :(

and thanks again KU40

they're rated at 1500 watts rms, so they dont need more power to perform properly. 1500 on each will be just fine.

with that said...i have a 3500D on each of mine :D at .5 ohms. no problems yet. i still need to tune em better (o scope is being silly)...but be careful if you do that

I'm planning on putting 3k on a nightshade.

Hopefully it lasts

:unsure:

Depending on application you should be ok. If this is for daily set gains correctly and follow your nose.

Sign in to follow this