suprefly

SAX125.2 speaker hiss/distortion

Do NOT run it from the rear all the way to the front.

WTF? Why not? Resistance will probably be less in a unibody car by simply running a line to the battery instead of grounding to the car body.

When grounding a piece of equipment, the best ground is the one with the least amount of resistance. Or as close to 0 ohms as possible.

Most Likely, That Amp Is F**ked.

Either That, Or You Need To Do A Bench Test To See If It Still Hisses.

...And That's What You Post When You Don't Realize There's A Second Damn Page -_-

And Just Asking, Is It Okay To Have Your Auxillary Battery And Amps Grounded To A 1/4" Thick Plate Bolted To A MDF Amp Rack? Because I Was Wanting To Try That.

Amp Rack Is The Shape Of A Piece Of Channel Iron, Basically, A Shallow "U".

Edited by BigCProductions99

i see two problems here, a primary problem and a secondary problem.

primary : hooking the amp up in reverse polarity usually has detrimental effects ie blown components or fried amplifiers

secondary : grounding point,...as i see it your ground is to a thin piece of sheet metal, no bueno. why dont you relocate it to a more solid grounding point of the vehicles chassis

1) yep, It seems like a great way to mess up an amp

2) Yeah, i moved it....still there....then said, "Hmmmm, i bet i can find an even better ground" and did....still there....

If it is a very faint hiss it is noise floor in your system and not uncommon to hear with no music playing.

If you hear something with music playing and it varies with volume that sounds unusual to me - is that what you are describing ?

Exactly

Ya the faint hiss didn't worry me, but then i turned it up and the hiss stayed there and is audible during the music......I'm going to go out there again, hook it up again to refresh me about the exact sound, check everything again etc.

First off hooking the power and ground up backwards is stupid! even though I still dont see how that would cause a noise problem, it should have blown the power supply. I also want to state that I am not bashing the product. I think that it a very durable and well built product, It is obviously a solid amp if this ding dong can't blown it up. It was just not made to be used in competion SQ cars. Which is not what it is being used for in this case anyway.

Edited by AlpineAndy

First off hooking the power and ground up backwards is stupid! even though I still dont see how that would cause a noise problem, it should have blown the power supply. I also want to state that I am not bashing the product. I think that it a very durable and well built product, It is obviously a solid amp if this ding dong can't blown it up. It was just not made to be used in competion SQ cars.

You must be one of those people that gets off by trying to piss off people on the internet ;)

You must be one of those people that gets off by trying to piss off people on the internet ;)

Thanks for the signature. fing05.gif

Any other ideas or opinion (other than i'm a ding dong) about what i should do?

just charge it to the game, you live and you learn. plus car audio is about spending money to get better so go buy the amp again and enjoy it to its full worth. I would get it fixed at db-r.com, you wont get a better quality amp at $100 and just dont make a mistake like that again. dont let this sway you away from sundown, take advantage of the july sale if you dont feel comfortable with it getting fixed (still wont get a good quality amp like that @ the sale price).

Oh no i still have full faith in Sundown :) I'm surprised it even worked after doing that.....ya guess i'll just get it fixed and NEVER do that again