thespoon25

What kind of numbers do you think i can get.....?

So i just got this new Lexus for graduation, we've got the loaded 15' FIBL in it, and now going to upgrade to the 1500D this weekend...what kind of numbers do you think i should be ranging? Competition is coming up in a few weeks, and i want to see if i can get a few more DB's than last time- because i only was running a PR.500 . So any suggestions?

NO one can tell you.........

and i mean no one...

but they can guess... and with as many cars as i have metered... your looking at like 125~ 130

on a daily in trunk set up.

if it was my install, i could probably pull low 146s with it on daily tune, 149s pure burp only.

If you have no competition experience, don't be disappointed if ur numbers are not this high.

are you joking? (to the first response)i got 137.1 with just the 500 watt amp......

and i have SOME experience with competitions...looking to get more into it.

Edited by LexusLover

It won't be a vast improvement... a few db at most.

maybe a 140 flat probably a 138-139

it may be louder to the ear but the thats not what determines how high it will meter

who said anything about being louder to the ear though? I was in Amateur Street 2 last time, and im switching classes with the new amp and battery, and wanted to see what you guys thought,because i dont want to get murdered in my new class

maybe a 140 flat probably a 138-139

it may be louder to the ear but the thats not what determines how high it will meter

who said anything about being louder to the ear though? I was in Amateur Street 2 last time, and im switching classes with the new amp and battery, and wanted to see what you guys thought,because i dont want to get murdered in my new class

I did I thought you allready had the amp in I was explaining that it may sound way louder but not meter as high just like my setup didn't sound as loud but metered higher

okay, i understand you now. Apparently the car i has meters well from what i heard...but we shall see in a few weeks. once i get the amp in this weekend and get teh wiring cleaned up, be looking for a build log :P:P

just do what you do mane.......

This setup honestly surprised me in her Honda and even more in her lexus. With more power i think she can get a 40 if not be real close to it.

Theoretically you will gain 6 decibels. But theory is different then reality :dammit:

Theoretically you will gain 6 decibels. But theory is different then reality :dammit:

that's so true.. its depressing. :shrug:

just do what you do womane.......

Fixed ^^

But output numbers has so much to do with how much testing and work you put into the install. Might mean some deadening, a different size box and tuning, facing the driver a different direction etc. I know a competitor in the past that was leaning well into the 150's off a single first generation stock BL 15. But keep in mind he had been competitor for a long time, put loads of testing and tuning in his vehicle and was running close to 5500 watts to it. So as I said, it takes testing and time to find what works best for your vehicle. :)

just do what you do womane.......

Fixed ^^

But output numbers has so much to do with how much testing and work you put into the install. Might mean some deadening, a different size box and tuning, facing the driver a different direction etc. I know a competitor in the past that was leaning well into the 150's off a single first generation stock BL 15. But keep in mind he had been competitor for a long time, put loads of testing and tuning in his vehicle and was running close to 5500 watts to it. So as I said, it takes testing and time to find what works best for your vehicle. :)

x2 I gained 10 db's over one summer with the same system tweaking and tuning. Moving box around etc.

:fryingpan:

haha thanks, i appreciate the fix...haha ...my box faces the sub up, which kind of sucks :/. i didnt want it like that to begin with, but ohwell, it was really cheap and its a good box otherwise...

Edited by LexusLover

i did a install on a honda civic with a 18" fi btl only abt 2400 goin to the sub it was abt 7 cubes and tuned to 36hz. he hit a 143 i believe tops so i wud say u be around there if not a lil less definite in the 139 class with sum good batts ull need it..heres a link to the installs video on youtube

Edited by phade