Sign in to follow this  
Spencerk

SPL meters

I have wanted to get a meter for a while now so I can play with diff box pos. etc... term labs are sooo pricey, do you guys know of any good meters for less. I think shizzon said he is using a Hyperdynamics or something like that....any input is welcome

Get a TL. It's your best choice.

It is the meter everyone uses, and it accurate.

Makeitlouder.com they have a meter for like 70 bucks and I have a nice fluke oscope for it........ hmmmm I see a brown truck dropping something off to me in the next 5-7 days

Leister-- I am from Muskegon and live in lansing. I have called tech audio/ skory auto sound/ extreme car audio, and you are right, I dont think their is one TL in michigan... Now if we could only get a Comp to come out are way sometime hu??

If you just want a meter just to mess around with on your system, it doesn't matter how accurate it is, it just has to be precise. It can measure 15 db lower or higher than the termlab and that won't matter. All you need is a meter that will show you how the changes you perform affect the score. So it doesn't have to be expensive at all, just able to reach the decibels you can reach (like some radio shack meters only go up to 130 or something). But alas, I don't know all of the different meters or where to get them.

Every year in July and August there are some Comps held my Extreme Car Audio. And a few by others around here but I think this year there wont be. I want to save and get a TL but they are pricy.